Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: M

  1. #1

    Default M

    A simple portrait of one of my theatre group members. Comments/Critique appreciated.

    Last edited by Stoned; 28th January 2006 at 09:18 AM.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: M

    this pretty like this pic very much

  3. #3

    Default Re: M

    Glad you like it. thanks.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  4. #4

    Default Re: M

    great composition and detail on her face. Nice Depth of field to draw the attention to her face.

    My one little nitpick... is that a strand of fallen hair on her left eye just above the glasses?

  5. #5

    Default Re: M

    oops. yes it is. better run it through PS later. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Last edited by Stoned; 28th January 2006 at 08:25 AM.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: M

    Quote Originally Posted by merkava74
    great composition and detail on her face. Nice Depth of field to draw the attention to her face.

    My one little nitpick... is that a strand of fallen hair on her left eye just above the glasses?

    Yes, I had the same problem. I thought it was something on my screen, but it's in the image.

    Other than that, this photo really shows character.

  7. #7

    Default Re: M

    ok i've removed the hair. Thanks paxluv.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  8. #8

    Default Re: M

    An excellent photograph. I would prefer it in 6x6 format.

  9. #9

    Default Re: M

    A square crop then? Hmm thanks for the suggestion. Crud I really need to start shooting real 6x6 soon.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  10. #10

    Default Re: M



    I've cropped it into the sq format. Also done some minor retouching. Better? Play spot the difference
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: M

    the square format works very well, removing the space on the left side is a good move as it doesn't contribute anything as seen from the first picture.

    btw the cloning around the cheek area not that smooth yet

  12. #12

    Default Re: M

    like the 1st pic without cropping...gd compo

  13. #13

    Default Re: M

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    the square format works very well, removing the space on the left side is a good move as it doesn't contribute anything as seen from the first picture.

    btw the cloning around the cheek area not that smooth yet
    Guess that's what comes from a two-minute job


    I'll probably clone the area properly before sending it for printing. Are the words on the glasses very distracting though? I have mixed feelings about those.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: M

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    Guess that's what comes from a two-minute job


    I'll probably clone the area properly before sending it for printing. Are the words on the glasses very distracting though? I have mixed feelings about those.
    i see i see

    the words on the specs do distract but it's not too major a 'fault' , just kind of a pity that the glasses aren't clear. but you have to remove the words' shadows too if you're cloning them away

  15. #15

    Default Re: M

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    but you have to remove the words' shadows too if you're cloning them away
    Oh crud, that's a very good point. Thanks for pointing that out.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •