Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

  1. #1

    Default Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    hi everyone!

    I wanna get some reviews and feedbacks on the following comparison between these 2 brands of ultra wide angle lenses i.e Tokina & Sigma 12-24mm.

    I'll need one for architectural photography. Any good advises as well from the experts or gurus here? I appreciate for yr kind comments. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    id go for the sigma simply cos its full frame. i can use on both digital and film cameras. the quality of the sigma is good too

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,925

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Architectural use? Then you should be looking at Tilt-Shift lenses.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well.

    What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well.

    What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras.
    The choice of a WA lens will depend on whether you're using film or digital, and on what brand you're using. For example, it wouldn't be very productive to use this Tamron on a Canon 350D considering the kit lens at 18-55mm achieves a similarly wide view with an upside on the long end.

  6. #6
    Member hongjone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Hi,

    Perhaps the review from the link below helps:
    http://www.nikonians.org/html/resour...out/index.html

    Cheers!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    hi everyone!

    I wanna get some reviews and feedbacks on the following comparison between these 2 brands of ultra wide angle lenses i.e Tokina & Sigma 12-24mm.

    I'll need one for architectural photography. Any good advises as well from the experts or gurus here? I appreciate for yr kind comments. Thank you.

    get a shift/tilt or PC lens for architectural usage. get a wide angle zoom for your group shots.

  8. #8
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,467

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well.

    What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras.
    if i remember correctly, some cser experience problem using this lens with canon dslr.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Thanks for all the valuable info. Btw I'm a Nikon user.

    Wish everyone a Prosperous Lunar New Year! Happy 2006!

  10. #10
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,834
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    Thanks for all the valuable info. Btw I'm a Nikon user.

    Wish everyone a Prosperous Lunar New Year! Happy 2006!
    the 17-35 tamron is not a bad lens to have. i'm using it now. only minor grouses i have with the lens are the variable aperature (then again, i'm not willing to pay 10x more for the 17-35/2.8) and the slightly plasticky feel to the lens (again, common with tamron lenses).

    this was taken with the lens last year at raffles place during the christmas season.

    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •