Thread: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

Default Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

hi everyone!

I wanna get some reviews and feedbacks on the following comparison between these 2 brands of ultra wide angle lenses i.e Tokina & Sigma 12-24mm.

I'll need one for architectural photography. Any good advises as well from the experts or gurus here? I appreciate for yr kind comments. Thank you.

Default Re: Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

id go for the sigma simply cos its full frame. i can use on both digital and film cameras. the quality of the sigma is good too

Deregistered

Architectural use? Then you should be looking at Tilt-Shift lenses.

Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well.

What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well.

What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras.
    The choice of a WA lens will depend on whether you're using film or digital, and on what brand you're using. For example, it wouldn't be very productive to use this Tamron on a Canon 350D considering the kit lens at 18-55mm achieves a similarly wide view with an upside on the long end.

Hi,

Perhaps the review from the link below helps:
    http://www.nikonians.org/html/resour...out/index.html

Cheers!

hi everyone!

I wanna get some reviews and feedbacks on the following comparison between these 2 brands of ultra wide angle lenses i.e Tokina & Sigma 12-24mm.

I'll need one for architectural photography. Any good advises as well from the experts or gurus here? I appreciate for yr kind comments. Thank you.

get a shift/tilt or PC lens for architectural usage. get a wide angle zoom for your group shots.

if i remember correctly, some cser experience problem using this lens with canon dslr.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Thanks for all the valuable info. Btw I'm a Nikon user.

Wish everyone a Prosperous Lunar New Year! Happy 2006!

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the valuable info. Btw I'm a Nikon user.

Wish everyone a Prosperous Lunar New Year! Happy 2006!
    the 17-35 tamron is not a bad lens to have. i'm using it now. only minor grouses i have with the lens are the variable aperature (then again, i'm not willing to pay 10x more for the 17-35/2.8) and the slightly plasticky feel to the lens (again, common with tamron lenses).

this was taken with the lens last year at raffles place during the christmas season.

If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal