Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Single and staying with your parent

Default Re: Single and staying with your parent

live and let live bro....live and let live......

Nobody's perfect. You put up with other people's habits as much as others put up with yours. At the end of the day..we are all even....haha...

Chill

Quote Originally Posted by plainsunset
    live and let live bro....live and let live......

Nobody's perfect. You put up with other people's habits as much as others put up with yours. At the end of the day..we are all even....haha...

Chill
    how true.

so many posts defending the fact that our parents bring us up balh balh blah.

by Whom was the ovum fertilised? and who provided the ovum? Who made the decision to start the family and have children? Who brought us into this world? Did we....ask for it? Why expect for filial piety and oft get...disappointed? Live and let live.

Douglas

If you think that you are finanical independant and move out can solve the problem, by all means...y wait?

Anyway you can show ur filiality through other approach. I think everyone needs their own sky when they grow up.

i feel that old pp especially those with no financial means like to keep things becoz they feel insecure..

they usually wil have this "just in case" mentality..

just bear with it lor..i'm sure there are millions out there with the same situation like you.

I did that exactly till my late dad passed on.

It is amazing how many other siblings find various reasons and excuses and even invent disagreements with the parent just to shirk having to look after aged parent.

True that aged parents are not angels.
    True it is potential financial drain.
    Some children (now grown up to adults) prefer to spend money buying a new car for themselves.

Strangely, parents usually treated such ingrates specially well when they were children.
    Perhaps a spoilt child grows up nursing a selfish attitude and in adulthood, this attitude grows into a monster.

Also sometimes there is a show of filial piety to relatives and others at funeral wake when parent is dead already. When they did not seem that close to the parent when the parent was alive. Thank goodness my parent was poor and did not leave $$$millions for people to fight over in the will.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 27th January 2006 at 08:44 PM.

i think for those who have posted the difficulties they are facing are not really complainning, but looking for possible solution from those who had similar experience but had resolve the issue in a nice way.

dont have to make it sound as though we are ungratefull bunch.

happy cny 2006 to all.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345