Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Honda Accord advertisement

Default Re: New Honda Accord advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    woo.. this is power... should so real... the acapella... if its real. I really would like to see how do they record that. But quite idea on such ad.
    there is a making of in honda.co.uk check it out...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    yqt: you da man!

I actually wanted to believe it was all real
    that's what I though at first too, till one of my friend told me to take a closer look Since at that time free so did the testings lor, just for the fun of it.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Interesting read, I would like to know how they rolled the exhaust muffler though. Tried it again when I went to change my car battery yesterday. With the muffler standing at an upright position and pushing it, didn't work. But than, I don't have $6M, 3mths and 606 takes to try
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Bingo!!!
    The tyres were weighted on one side, so they are able to climb the ramp...
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

My guess with the muffler is similar, weighted at both elliptical ends and partially filled with liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    The tyres were weighted on one side, so they are able to climb the ramp...
    Yeah, that was stated on the site, but look at it again, other than the tyres, there are some other " loopholes " ie, at the start, when the camshaft hit the exhaust pipe, it was moving quite fast but stop dead on it's track once it hit the pipe. no forward movement or backward reaction movement after it hit the pipe, another stage where there's a tyre without rim that drop from a height. It landed but did not bounce, from what I know, rubber when drop from any height will bounce.

Hey, Phillip, you going to ykia's place for the CNY get to gether right? if we can assess the site there than we'll be able to look at it together.

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

1) The tyres rolling up the ramp.
    Given the force that push the first tyre and the speed that it roll with, it is highly unlightly for it to roll up the ramp at that incline and at that distance. When one tyre hit another, force is lost but the other tyres seems to move with the same force and speed. Futhermore, if you look closely at the left of the screen at the tyre that hit the one already on the ramp, this is what happened. The tyre move up the ramp slowly, hit the tyre already on the ramp, move DOWN backwards after hitting the tyer and MOVE BACK UP THE RAMP. I've tested it and it is not possible even on flat ground, much less moving up a ramp.

2)The rolling silencer/exhaust muffler
    This is very straight forward. The one used is sharp oval in shape . I've got one that looks the same. Going by the speed of the roll, which is rather slow, I tried rolling it. Due to it's shape, I could not roll it more than 1 round. When I use more force to push it, I was still not possible to roll it much before it start tumbling about. Notice that in the ad the muffler was rolling slowly and smoothly.
    Dude, if IIRC, the explanation given was that they inserted weights inside the top part of the tyre. Therefore, all it took was a light tap to push the tyre forward, and then gravity took over. This moved the wheel forward - even up the ramp.

As for the muffler, if you balance it properly by inserting weights, it can be made to role slowly and smoothly.

The story also goes that when Honda executives were first shown the ad, they were amazed at what CGI can do nowadays. They almost hit the floor when the admen told them that it was all real.

Seriously, there was no CGI involved. BTW, every single item used in the ad was a real Honda Accord part.

Quote Originally Posted by RSU
    Dude, if IIRC, the explanation given was that they inserted weights inside the top part of the tyre. Therefore, all it took was a light tap to push the tyre forward, and then gravity took over. This moved the wheel forward - even up the ramp.

As for the muffler, if you balance it properly by inserting weights, it can be made to role slowly and smoothly.

The story also goes that when Honda executives were first shown the ad, they were amazed at what CGI can do nowadays. They almost hit the floor when the admen told them that it was all real.

Seriously, there was no CGI involved. BTW, every single item used in the ad was a real Honda Accord part.
    Try rolling a muffler and you'll know what I mean. Remember in the ad the force use to move is very little.
    Anyway, this thread is to showcase a very impressive ad, with or without CGI it is still very impressive. I'm just suprise that there is no mention of it winning any advertising award as it is a very fresh and exciting ad for a car. I've seen ads which are less impressive winning awards just because they are diff.
    This is the eve of CNY so wish everyone a very Happy New Year!!!

Try rolling a muffler and you'll know what I mean. Remember in the ad the force use to move is very little.
    Anyway, this thread is to showcase a very impressive ad, with or without CGI it is still very impressive. I'm just suprise that there is no mention of it winning any advertising award as it is a very fresh and exciting ad for a car. I've seen ads which are less impressive winning awards just because they are diff.
    This is the eve of CNY so wish everyone a very Happy New Year!!!
    cos u not involve mah, so no awards for them...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

was an old adver liao.. but really nice.. part of it is definately CGI..

i really enjoy the new civic ad.. thx for posting..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12