Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Honda Accord advertisement

Default New Honda Accord advertisement

I did a search. Oddly, no one posted it here.

Come take a peek...it is great!

http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/HondaAccordAd.htm

Default Re: New Honda Accord advertisement

WOLS... thats a long time ago already... not NEW....
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

even got spoof liao lor

the two beared british guys..but i forgot the site

Old advert lah, Nice to watch again.

1.5 yrs ago's ad la...its a one take all the way ad...no cuts or computer's CGI stuff...if i'm one of the crew...i will go siao...so many NG takes
    Last edited by roti; 26th January 2006 at 07:07 AM.

this ad was shot with CGI and I woun't be surprised if the whole thing was CGI. Can anyone spot the " loopholes " ?
    I spotted 2
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

No lah, bro... really no CGI this one...
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

http://84.40.3.164/

checkout the new CIVIC commercial instead... hehehe

damnit... tis 1 more chio then the civic in sg, how come dun have this model in sg!!! i wan 1 of tis!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

nice adv...

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    this ad was shot with CGI and I woun't be surprised if the whole thing was CGI. Can anyone spot the " loopholes " ?
    I spotted 2
    Hmm 2.. which would it be... come, share share.. hmm..

Yeah. old Ad but nice to watch it again! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    Hmm 2.. which would it be... come, share share.. hmm..

Yeah. old Ad but nice to watch it again! hehe
    Clue:
    some movement is not logical given the speed and force of the moving object.

I've tested it out before with some friends.

Happy watching
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    No lah, bro... really no CGI this one...
    Checked with some friends in the industry and all said it is CGI

Clue:
    some movement is not logical given the speed and force of the moving object.

I've tested it out before with some friends.

Happy watching
    Is one of them the tyres climbing up the ramp?

i've read the commercial review before. if Honda paid $6million. I don't think would want CG with it. If CG was involved why pay so much and take 6months?

I don't know if it's really CG or not.. maybe just because there are somethings that we cannot achieve or replicate we shouldn't play others down? (yqt: nothing personal about this statement ok? not directing at anyone. I'm saying this generally on the whole )

Partizan Midi Minuit is quite a big and established video production company in France. Don't think they would lie about something they cannot achieve?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

damnit... tis 1 more chio then the civic in sg, how come dun have this model in sg!!! i wan 1 of tis!!!
    erm..how about this advert? possible to be done by mouth? i quite believe it also leh... I think I'm a guillible geek... seeing is believing for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    Is one of them the tyres climbing up the ramp?
    Bingo!!!

Bingo!!!
    There was an explaination in the website on how they got the wheels to go up the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i've read the commercial review before. if Honda paid $6million. I don't think would want CG with it. If CG was involved why pay so much and take 6months?

I don't know if it's really CG or not.. maybe just because there are somethings that we cannot achieve or replicate we shouldn't play others down? (yqt: nothing personal about this statement ok? not directing at anyone. I'm saying this generally on the whole )

Partizan Midi Minuit is quite a big and established video production company in France. Don't think they would lie about something they cannot achieve?
    No worries bro. For me and my guys, we looked at the ad without being influnced by any othe info about who shot it, how much it cost or how much time it took to shoot it ( we didn't have the info at that time as it was on another website ).

Look at the ad again, the loopholes that we notice and I've also tested it out are:

1) The tyres rolling up the ramp.
    Given the force that push the first tyre and the speed that it roll with, it is highly unlightly for it to roll up the ramp at that incline and at that distance. When one tyre hit another, force is lost but the other tyres seems to move with the same force and speed. Futhermore, if you look closely at the left of the screen at the tyre that hit the one already on the ramp, this is what happened. The tyre move up the ramp slowly, hit the tyre already on the ramp, move DOWN backwards after hitting the tyer and MOVE BACK UP THE RAMP. I've tested it and it is not possible even on flat ground, much less moving up a ramp.

2)The rolling silencer/exhaust muffler
    This is very straight forward. The one used is sharp oval in shape . I've got one that looks the same. Going by the speed of the roll, which is rather slow, I tried rolling it. Due to it's shape, I could not roll it more than 1 round. When I use more force to push it, I was still not possible to roll it much before it start tumbling about. Notice that in the ad the muffler was rolling slowly and smoothly.

These are just the 2 key points that we've notice. Others that we've supsected we could not confirm as they are in the fine details which we could not see over the internet.

Of course they could have build in a small motor and hide it inside the tyre and muffler ( this is possible ). but if that was the case, than it would not have to taken so many NGs to get a " good take".

As you've mentioned " Partizan Midi Minuit is quite a big and established video production company in France ", I'm sure they have lots of experience and resources to come up with this ad. And I'm sure CGI is one of them. Do you think they'll spend the time and manpower for six mths just to do an ad which they could do in less than half the time? I also don't think Honda will spend $6M ( is this S$ or Euro ? ) for a car ad.

I could be wrong about this last para, after all if a local company could be talk into by the agency to fly a photographer all the way to France just to shoot a public landmark ( which there are thousand images of on the internet ), anything could happen, but, my reasoning does seems logical, does it not?

Eidited as I just realised from the website that it too 3mths and not 6mths to shoot the ad.
    Last edited by yqt; 26th January 2006 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

woo.. this is power... should so real... the acapella... if its real. I really would like to see how do they record that. But quite idea on such ad.

yqt: you da man!

I actually wanted to believe it was all real

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast