Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quadro or FireGL

Default Quadro or FireGL

New to this...

Anybody know which is better? and for beginners with limited budget (for learning) which card is better, in AGP or PCI express.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Default Re: Quadro or FireGL

Graphic card won't affect your editing speed. It only affects your gaming. Any NEW card in the market (fast or slow) will be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by tunster
    Graphic card won't affect your editing speed. It only affects your gaming. Any NEW card in the market (fast or slow) will be just as good.
    erm... these are not gaming cards... i tried on my 64bit, X800, seem awfully slow if i were to render a image at home... and imagine i'm just going to render a 3D image as 2D takes me an hour... so was thinking if i get a workstation type of graphics card, will it help?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Are you talking about rendering images on something like 3D Max or Bryce? That type of rendering is sheer number crunching and the graphics card is only of limited help in speeding the process up.

Quote Originally Posted by Verywierd
    Are you talking about rendering images on something like 3D Max or Bryce? That type of rendering is sheer number crunching and the graphics card is only of limited help in speeding the process up.
    ya something like 3Dmax, i am using another software...

so graphics card limited help, whats the best thing to get to speed up?

image editing don need so much speed, if you want it to be faster add more ram it helps more than replacing to a better gpu

What 3d software u using?
    Different 3D softwares work faster this than that other chipsets.

Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d
    What 3d software u using?
    Different 3D softwares work faster this than that other chipsets.
    thinking of using Vue 5

Blog Entries

workstation graphic accelerators are different from gaming cards
    they provide hardware accelerated rendering specific for CAD/CAM software.

Of course Processor and ram helps as well. But the graphic accelerator also
    plays a part, where got workstation with gaming video card?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    thinking of using Vue 5
    find out what works best with the software of your choice.
    dedicated drivers for your software

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    find out what works best with the software of your choice.
    dedicated drivers for your software
    I bought Sketch 5, overall no problem, unless i increase the polygon count, like dome normal is 9, i increase to 50, den i will see lagging.. otherwise its fine... on their site, they recommend using nvidia... seem to have some problems with ATI, but for me so far so good

i gotten the Vue demo, den i tried to render the background and a car from the samples. the rendering at Ultra is damn slow... normal rendering is fast... just that want those high quality output is slow...

maybe i go increase my ram to 4gig 1st...

maybe you would want to invest in a dual core processor if you have the budget to?
    heard that these processors (as they have two cores) are much faster in things like video editing, image editing, video encoding etc.

I bought Sketch 5, overall no problem, unless i increase the polygon count, like dome normal is 9, i increase to 50, den i will see lagging.. otherwise its fine... on their site, they recommend using nvidia... seem to have some problems with ATI, but for me so far so good

i gotten the Vue demo, den i tried to render the background and a car from the samples. the rendering at Ultra is damn slow... normal rendering is fast... just that want those high quality output is slow...

are you sure your motherboard supports up to 4gig? most mobos only support 2gig max. also, it won't make a significant difference once past 2gig. the jump in performance from like 128mb to 1gig is alot, but once u have 2gig, the difference is minimal.

get a old ATI R9800 and mod to firegL... cheaper... :P

ive been using 3d lab graphic card.for over a year.happy abt it.does it help?..it does.but i think e overall performance of ur pc is directly in proportion to ur rendering time.Vue program is more of an environmental 3d package..so ur toking about raytracing all e object on ur scene 360 degrees.im sure there is a setting for the rendering and raytracing.

HI DCA,

I am doing some rendering , find that upping the RAM and dual processor helps. you may consider network rendering to speed up stuff.

It depends greatly what hardware your rendering software is optimise for.

the graphic card only helps to speed up your viewing of your model when u are doing a quick shading or rotating your camera angle, especially when your wireframe models are heavy. a slow card results in jerkyness when rotating or zooming camera angle. fast rendering depends on ram and cpu. do note not all 3D programs support dual processing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    get a old ATI R9800 and mod to firegL... cheaper... :P
    hehehe... i modded my old R98 with freefiregl, and tried another one on the x800... hehehe... so far so good...

New to this...

Anybody know which is better? and for beginners with limited budget (for learning) which card is better, in AGP or PCI express.
    These graphic accelerators (quadro Pro, FireGL) are meant for workstation, most of the time for MCAD software like Pro/Engineer, Unigraphics, Catia... etc.
    Last edited by Hoky; 27th January 2006 at 01:12 PM.

New to this...

Frankly for 3D animation work you need more Horsepower in the CPU and RAM department first. A couple of clients of mine who do animaiton work professionally swear by the Matrox Parhelia cards for general animation work and also for their accuracy when creating mapping textures in 2D using PhotoShop.

AGP or PCI-E makes little difference until you get in to real workstation level cards and they cost a lot of $$.

Ian
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast