Thread: fading flowers.

Default fading flowers.

hi guys! was wondering if you could help me out on this shot! thought it was nice, but thought i would seek out some comments!

would like to know about composition, lighting, colour, etc.

i actually went on my hands and knees to get this shot on my way home. felt that the evening sunlight fell so beautifully on the flowers! (:

Default Re: fading flowers.

o btw, the caption is as such, because, flowers, once on the floor start to wither and die. therefore, fading flowers! but they are still pwetty(:

hi tngyng, welcome to cs. well I'm quite new myself.

anyway regarding the photo, it could be improved upon by keeping the bg clean I think - the other flowers are OK, but not the grass and the red/brown thing on it.

next would be depth-of-field. it'd be preferable to keep the flower closest to you in focus.

yup that's all i guess.

happy shooting.

watch the DOF. You would need to stop down a little more to achieve sharpness for the entire flower. Not sure if your cam has manual control cos I can't quite remember the model. Try Focus lock and recompose, it works well for some PnS models. Crop is a tad tight for my liking but not a major sticking issue.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

stoned, what is PnS? i'm quite new to photography jargon. hurr. i tried to put another of one of the pictures of this series in black and white and i'm quite happy with the result. will post up sometime soon and get some comments. thanks for the critiques! (:

you're welcome.

pns refers to a point and shoot camera.