Thread: Small Boy Toys

Default Small Boy Toys

Comments please...lots to learn

Default Re: Small Boy Toys

i think you are trying to include too many elements in this shot, making it look cluttered. i would suggest just shooting the blue car with a clean background, and experiment with the placement of the lights and the colour of the background. this would give greater impact to the shot.

I really like your colour scheme in this picture. It offers a different take to the often desired crisp and technically correct colour. The whole feel of the colour is just nostalgic, and almost brought back some memories of childhood. Well, almost.

Why almost? Well, I for one would never ever line cars up in straight line. Even cars on the road don't line up in the straight line at the traffic light. Hence, it's just sooo artificial. Again, it all depends on your intention of the shot. If you are interested in just details of the car, probably just taking one car and leave the others would work. If you on the other hand wanted to portray a deeper connotation within your image, for example "child's play" then a "random" placement of cars would be more appropriate, inciting the feel of cars left behind after the child has left.

Hi The_Cheat,

Thanks for the comment. Actually my 5yr old lined up these cars and i tot it will be nice to capture it. Not a 'studio' shot. Will try another shot when the cars in a mess! Cheers.

i think that the reflective background seems a little distracting... maybe a "cleaner" background might be better? just a thought....
    u could also try to take the pic in the "sepia" mode if ur camera has it? or maybe photoshop into those sort of colors to have that "old-memories" feel?
    Photo Album - Photo Album