Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Is Nikon VR lens worth buying?

  1. #1

    Default Is Nikon VR lens worth buying?

    is nikon VR lens worht buying?


    its th ehype again-faster lens, bigger wallet, better image.....
    so is the VR lens that great?

  2. #2

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    s nikon VR lens worth buying?


    its th e hype again-faster lens, better image, higher bokeh etc .....
    so is the VR lens that great?

  3. #3
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    Hello pentax master, go the shop try hands on would be good.


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    which one are you talking? you lumped every tom dick and harry VR lens and expect us to give you answer?

    24-120 VR ok lens
    70-200 VR pricey but superb lens
    80-400 VR a tad slow
    200-400 VR superb tele

    Do a search or try it out at the shops to find out some of the basics beforehand.

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Currently, Singapore but hope
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    As a hardened Nikon user for last 20 years, I have observed that Nikon hardly introduce stupid lenses. Of course the occassional unless ones do come by. On this case, the VR range is all it is hyped up to be. When Canon came up with image stabaliser lens, why didn't anyone cry wolf rather many Canon users embraced it. The VR technoloy is far more superior to that of Canon, that confidence is shown in Nikon's inclusion of this into its ED range of lenses (predominantly pro class lens).

    I have tested the VRs and yes it does help the shooter to do a better job, so there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    personally i feel that the vrs are especially usefull for the tele ranges.....

    coz the lenses are usually very heavy and thus u are more prone to handshake etc etc etc......
    vr will help alot.....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AUSTRALIA->MSIA
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    VR is the best lens right now
    Nikon D3S & D700 FX Nikon AFS 70-200mm f/2.8VR2 & AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
    Nikon SB-900

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    I have a few Nikon lenses, none of them is VR, it depends on what u shoot and how u shoot, really.

  9. #9

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    Quote Originally Posted by tommon
    As a hardened Nikon user for last 20 years, I have observed that Nikon hardly introduce stupid lenses. Of course the occassional unless ones do come by. On this case, the VR range is all it is hyped up to be. When Canon came up with image stabaliser lens, why didn't anyone cry wolf rather many Canon users embraced it. The VR technoloy is far more superior to that of Canon, that confidence is shown in Nikon's inclusion of this into its ED range of lenses (predominantly pro class lens).

    I have tested the VRs and yes it does help the shooter to do a better job, so there.
    care to say why it is superior to canon IS?

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    Frankly, I find this kind of question useless and not geared towards a healthy decision.

    What do you mean by worth buying? By just stating VR, it's stereotyped towards ALL the VR glasses.

    Lastly, the equipment is as good/useful if you use it good. No point I tell you 300 f/2.8VR good, but you don't know how to use it, nor find it useful and it becomes useless/lousy.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    the slides master!

    Nikon is king!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #12
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    the slides master!

    Nikon is king!
    The 'Slides Master' has returned...

    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    So many of 'em nowadays eh?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    aiya, shoot indoors = get vr, outdoors = not so needed. like outdoors >1/300th i'll off vr coz no difference n waste batt. indoors i'll on vr to shoot 1/20th

    but seriously, i think only the 24-120 and 70-200 make full use of vr. lenses like 200-400 r so big tt ppl wont handhold them much. i'd rather nikon put vr in more mid range zooms like canon did.

    vr is a [luxury] feature, only u can decide its worth

  15. #15

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    aiya, shoot indoors = get vr, outdoors = not so needed. like outdoors >1/300th i'll off vr coz no difference n waste batt. indoors i'll on vr to shoot 1/20th

    but seriously, i think only the 24-120 and 70-200 make full use of vr. lenses like 200-400 r so big tt ppl wont handhold them much. i'd rather nikon put vr in more mid range zooms like canon did.

    vr is a [luxury] feature, only u can decide its worth
    Perfect...

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tam Pines
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: is nikon VR lens worht buying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I have a few Nikon lenses, none of them is VR, it depends on what u shoot and how u shoot, really.
    I agree with bro astin. I too do not have any VR lens but I did tried it out on my friend's lens. Its love at first shot. I felt tt its so easy to use it and the kinda images it produced on the lens are awesome.

    If one is using the vr lens in the outdoor, I don't think the vr function will be necessary.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •