Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: How ... huh???

  1. #1
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default How ... huh???

    Hi!
    Just now as i was spring cleaning my room i came across a cheque dated 19/12/2002 and it was in my name Hmmm... how in the world i can miss out this cheque?

    How? have anyone of you guys know what will happen to the cheque? is it still valid?

  2. #2

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Hi!
    Just now as i was spring cleaning my room i came across a cheque dated 19/12/2002 and it was in my name Hmmm... how in the world i can miss out this cheque?

    How? have anyone of you guys know what will happen to the cheque? is it still valid?
    it's not valid anymore.
    the chq usually valid for about 3 mths, i think.
    Ask the person to reissue it for u.

  3. #3
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Hi!
    Just now as i was spring cleaning my room i came across a cheque dated 19/12/2002 and it was in my name Hmmm... how in the world i can miss out this cheque?

    How? have anyone of you guys know what will happen to the cheque? is it still valid?
    3yrs = gone case
    3mths = still got hope
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  5. #5
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    How much?


  6. #6
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    How much?
    Hee... not much its abt $3+ onli

  7. #7

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    actually the cheque is valid for 6months starting frm date of cheque. or at least, thats for Citibank. not sure about other banks.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Hee... not much its abt $3+ onli


    ... aiiii.. see open abit lar...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East End
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Hee... not much its abt $3+ onli
    $3? Don't cry la. Come I belanjah you mee pok ta. Ha ha ha!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartshape
    $3? Don't cry la. Come I belanjah you mee pok ta. Ha ha ha!!
    Actually is $30+ , can eat for 15 meals leh...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Actually is $30+ , can eat for 15 meals leh...
    imagine its 30k
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    actually the cheque is valid for 6months starting frm date of cheque. or at least, thats for Citibank. not sure about other banks.
    standard validity is 6 months, though some corporate cheques are only valid 3 months

  13. #13

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Hi!
    Just now as i was spring cleaning my room i came across a cheque dated 19/12/2002 and it was in my name Hmmm... how in the world i can miss out this cheque?

    How? have anyone of you guys know what will happen to the cheque? is it still valid?
    if you can find the person/company who issued the cheque, you can always ask them to re-issue another cheque

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    imagine its 30k
    Can go and jump off [insert name of tallest building] liaoz.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  15. #15
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    imagine its 30k
    Hmm... that will be enough to last me 13.69yrs of meals 3x a day at $2 each

  16. #16
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    standard validity is 6 months, though some corporate cheques are only valid 3 months
    Huh...meaning the corporates get to set the validity of cheque rather then the banks?

  17. #17
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    if you can find the person/company who issued the cheque, you can always ask them to re-issue another cheque
    Think should be able to find them! Probably will go find them after CNY!

  18. #18

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Think should be able to find them! Probably will go find them after CNY!
    I think the cost of getting them to re-issue you with a cheque for $3 will be more than the value of the cheque.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    I think the cost of getting them to re-issue you with a cheque for $3 will be more than the value of the cheque.
    Think should frame it up... $3 bucks also issue cheque... waste paper...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: How ... huh???

    haha. I got a US10+ cheque before, didnt go and bank in coz need to pay S$30 for transaction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •