Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT: Bridal studio stole my images.

Default Re: COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT: Bridal studio stole my images.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    what kinda images are these? anybody in them posing? if ther are, can't these people act as witnesses to the event, that you are the photographer?
    cant say or comment anything.. sorry. saying anything like yes yes or no no will give away.. unique images = unique situation to be identified easily..
    Last edited by anka; 21st January 2006 at 03:26 AM.

watever it is.. those dam thief jialat liao.. i really hate it, when even pple 'trademark' image also darn steal..

for your case, damage's done, other party didnt even bother to do anything, i guess the only solution might only be wat u had suggested... hmm.. but better if gather proof first, call their spokesman for a recorded conversation, make them talk.. u know..

Give us the GOOD news, anka. I am sure that you will have some for us a few weeks down.

Proper legal proceedings will ensure that you recover your rights,, money spent on lawyers and money/time spent working out this issue. The studio, if wise, should just offer you a lump sum settlement (ang pow to your reasonable asking), an apology, and removal of all used materials immediately (unless they pay you for it).

JPGs are also RAW from camera. If you have a series of photos, in running numbers, in running time and date stamp, it is hard for the opposition to claim that you have fabricated all that those date/time and filenames, especially if you have 'rejected' but similar images on the set to prove your case.

Again, STAND UP for your rights and all the best, all the way.

Doesn't the exif contain the serial number of the camera? I remember some camera got that... not sure but worth a try...

First, how did they get access to your laptop to copy the files?

Second if they have a copy of the originals then you are going to have a hard time proving that they are yours, UNLESS a) you have witnesses and/or b) they only took a subset of the photos and you have more from the original shoot - in which case they will say that you stole these from them, BUT they will need to prove this which will be difficult.

Also, if you have the original files (unaltered) then the modified date will be before theirs - N.B. this can be faked as can Exif data.

If you have originals of all shots taken in the series, and they have originals of only those that you gave them, it will be very easy to prove that you are the photgrapher.

EXIF can be faked, very easily, but it helps.

I tink it was clearly explained how the pic ended up in the shop'e hand.

Anyway, it's best to "calculate" what is the price the shop required to pay you as if they bought this image for such distribution.... I'm sure there are some commercial rates, use your pic on 1 name card ... 50 cents ... 500 name cards... wah.. instant $250.

1 pic on wedding album...see how much they charge for 1 pic loh.. then you also use the same charge lah.... 1 pic/album $80... 10 albums using you pic... $800...

the image published in magz may work against you in the sense that, if you sell you pic to the magz for a few bucks... your pics may only be valued at few bucks only.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

speak with a lawyer. No one can give you full legal advise here, even if there is a lawyer here.

i wont comment on anything except that i am looking at 1-2 extra zeros behind the figures that everyone/anyone has mentioned.

to my lawyer's advice.. i will be closing this thread until the case is over in which i will return to tell the tale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12