Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: Lowepro vs Crumpler

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Aiyah.... need help/ recommendation....

    I am trying now to pack my gears into my 100AW, cannot go in ah....

    1) 1 x D50 Body
    2) 1 x 18-55mm kit lens
    3) 1 x 50mm prime lens
    4) 1 x SB600 flash
    5) 1 x blower
    6) 1 x extra camera battery
    7) 8 x AA battries for the flash

    Cannot go in ah.... Help.... any recommendation or advise.... pls don't ask me buy Crumpler.... too ex...

    Haiyoo... with ur kind of equipment, a Lowepro Rezo 180AW will fit everythin n even has xtra compartment too. Itz ldefinitely less than $100.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    Haiyoo... with ur kind of equipment, a Lowepro Rezo 180AW will fit everythin n even has xtra compartment too. Itz ldefinitely less than $100.
    Huh? Get from where?

    The bag looks kinda square.....

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Huh? Get from where?

    The bag looks kinda square.....
    Cathay Marina.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    Cathay Marina.
    Okay, thanks....

    Anymore recommendations?

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Juz for ur info, diz bag has e latest Lowepro strap which is extremely more comfortable than older straps.

    Itz internal compartment can hold ur D50 w kit lens attached, ur 50mm prime, flash, blower n u'll hav 2 more reserved slot for 2 lenses. It also has a card holder (few cards) on e top lid n u can also slot in ur hotshoe cover in there. Ur remote control can also b placed here. It also has a protective cloth to protect ur LCD from scratches.

    E batteries (AA's n Cam's) can go to e side pocket (not e front) for fast access.

    E front pocket u can put other accessories.
    Last edited by hazta; 21st January 2006 at 02:52 AM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    Does diz look like Crumpler?


    Can show inside? Looks nice. $34?

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    It is exactly like e Crumpler Farmer's Double.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Okay, thanks....

    Anymore recommendations?
    stealth reporter 300. more than enuff for expansion~

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Crumpler looks better!! much cooler

  10. #50

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    It's also more expensive and doesn't have AW protection. If you're going more for style, get crumpler. If you want serious functionality and non-attention-grabbing looks together with bang for your buck, get lowepro.

    I find crumplers hardly adequate for storing equipment. You can easily pay 100+ for a crumpler that can't even fit in 1 pro-series bodies + 3 lenses and a flash. Not to mention back-up camera or more lenses. Larger lenses also are not suitable for crumplers IMO. I have yet to find a crumpler that stores a 300/2.8 or 400/2.8 comfortably.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  11. #51

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    crumpler gets my vote for medium to light camera eq load. It may be alittle expensive but because of its design, can function as a normal bag should I need one.

    Lowepro = ugly......

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    It's also more expensive and doesn't have AW protection. If you're going more for style, get crumpler. If you want serious functionality and non-attention-grabbing looks together with bang for your buck, get lowepro.

    I find crumplers hardly adequate for storing equipment. You can easily pay 100+ for a crumpler that can't even fit in 1 pro-series bodies + 3 lenses and a flash. Not to mention back-up camera or more lenses. Larger lenses also are not suitable for crumplers IMO. I have yet to find a crumpler that stores a 300/2.8 or 400/2.8 comfortably.
    have u tried the karachi outpost, i have it, its huge, think u could fit a 300 in it

    i have 4 lenses in it, one body one flash and a ton of accessories and a laptop, not bad going for a seriously kool looking bag. Can easily hold 3 or 4 bodies a big lens or a couple of smaller ones
    Last edited by wildstallion; 22nd January 2006 at 08:11 PM.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Aiyah.... need help/ recommendation....

    I am trying now to pack my gears into my 100AW, cannot go in ah....

    1) 1 x D50 Body
    2) 1 x 18-55mm kit lens
    3) 1 x 50mm prime lens
    4) 1 x SB600 flash
    5) 1 x blower
    6) 1 x extra camera battery
    7) 8 x AA battries for the flash

    Cannot go in ah.... Help.... any recommendation or advise.... pls don't ask me buy Crumpler.... too ex...

    I fit the following:

    1) 1 x D50 Body
    2) 1 x 18-55mm kit lens
    3) 1 x 50mm AF-D f1.8 lens
    4) 1 x SB800 flash
    5) 1 x 70-300mm G lens
    6) 1 x extra camera battery
    7) 1 x cleaning kit with blower, microfiber cloth, cleaning liquid holder, cleaning paper,
    8) 1 x battery charger with cable
    9) 1 x AV cable
    10) 1 x usb transfer cable
    11) 1 x 6 battery in holder ( 1 2-pcs, 1 4pcs)
    12) 1 x 52mm Cir-Pol filter
    13) 1 x 58mm cir-pol filter
    14) 1 x SD 1GB card (extra)

    in the following:

    a) Crumpler Tallee
    b) Lowepro Omni Sports Pro with Lowepro D-res 40AW attached at the side
    c) LowePro EX 180

    Its a matter of how you pack. I usually like the Omni Pro sports pro cause its a belt pack and is more compact. The crumpler tallee is also nice. got it from B&S forum 2nd hand, but it's great condition.

    Edit: I like these cause its compact. I don't want to lug around a huge bag for my travels. If I want to, I probably get the SAF Duffer bag, which can fit in everything, inlcuding the tripods too!
    Last edited by blive; 23rd January 2006 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Hi all,

    Thanks for all the advise and recommendations..... I manage to squeeze in everything into the bag liao... for now.... I will serve me well and I will save $100+++.

    Till next time......

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    get the Slingshot 200AW. nice and functional. I am using it with my D50+18-55+70-300+SB600+blower+lenspen+battries and there are still spaces for other stuff. It has been proven by someone to slot in a 70-200 F2.8 inside too. Try seaching the forum for the picture.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by aspire
    get the Slingshot 200AW. nice and functional. I am using it with my D50+18-55+70-300+SB600+blower+lenspen+battries and there are still spaces for other stuff. It has been proven by someone to slot in a 70-200 F2.8 inside too. Try seaching the forum for the picture.
    Just to add on, i got this bag from cathay by ordering and cost me $82 if i am not wrong. Its quite a hot seller 2 months ago.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tanah Merah
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Just got a CompuTrekker AW yesterday for my trip overseas soon. Loks kinda square but ample space thou.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    Does diz look like Crumpler?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    It is exactly like e Crumpler Farmer's Double.
    Does it come with the inserts as well? Can take a pic of the inside (esp. the bottom where the camera is stored)?

    Thanks!

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by mephesto
    Does it come with the inserts as well? Can take a pic of the inside (esp. the bottom where the camera is stored)?

    Thanks!
    Yeah... e bottom part comes w inserts n nicely padded. I placed my body w lens attached (Sigma 70-300), another lens n my flash here.

    If I need to bring more, I'll juz add my used inserts to e top part. If goin out w my family, my baby's diapers, towels, clothes, etc... will go at e top part.

    E bag can b converted into full backpack from top to bottom too.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Lowepro vs Crumpler

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    Yeah... e bottom part comes w inserts n nicely padded. I placed my body w lens attached (Sigma 70-300), another lens n my flash here.

    If I need to bring more, I'll juz add my used inserts to e top part. If goin out w my family, my baby's diapers, towels, clothes, etc... will go at e top part.

    E bag can b converted into full backpack from top to bottom too.
    $34 is great buy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •