Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Since COE drop...

Default Re: Since COE drop...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    How come COE drop, they increase price....
    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    it's all abt demand and supply mah .....
    Yes, demand is high.
    Hey, anybody want to guess how much the next COE price will be for CAT. A? Since it will be a 3 week break till the next bidding, coupled with the fact that the present COE price is low, my guess it that it will break the $10k barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    Yes, demand is high.
    Hey, anybody want to guess how much the next COE price will be for CAT. A? Since it will be a 3 week break till the next bidding, coupled with the fact that the present COE price is low, my guess it that it will break the $10k barrier.
    all those wanna buy car for new year, already bought, so should be lower...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

buy buy buy

so DCA whats your target?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    buy buy buy

so DCA whats your target?
    models

just buy the Suzuki Swift Sport lahh.... SHIOK CAR..
    1.6L 129BHP 0-100 only 9secs... only $61K..
    well... do consider the volkswagen Polo too...
    european cars are definately worth the little premium over japanese cars... unless its the subaru as their handling is very good..

Quote Originally Posted by Shibin
    just buy the Suzuki Swift Sport lahh.... SHIOK CAR..
    1.6L 129BHP 0-100 only 9secs... only $61K..
    well... do consider the volkswagen Polo too...
    european cars are definately worth the little premium over japanese cars... unless its the subaru as their handling is very good..
    bought a suzuki ignis last year... i felt suzuki steering abit soft, and i dunno what mod my men did, the 1/2 clutch hard to get into place... (cos i do fast shifting...)

and u know those old ppl lor... suzuki & subaru both brand they dun like... '

anyway, anybody know if locally can get a Vios Turbo or Honda Civic (new one) hatchback? parallel import & price?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hi DCA, sorry for asking, but what is '1/2 clutch'?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    Hi DCA, sorry for asking, but what is '1/2 clutch'?
    manual car, the clutch u press in to disengage the engine from the gears (correct?)

anyway, when you about to release, you need to 1/2 clutch to the biting point on the clutch, den press the accelerator, den until fuel is in, den release the clutch. dunno y, it seem harder on the suzuki. no problem on the toyotas & nissans.

I just bought a car recently. After much research, test drives and even renting some models to try, I decided on the Honda Jazz. It should be available close to the $50k mark now, mine was purchased just under $50k.

What I like about it...

1. Surprisingly versatile space configuration. Seats fold up and down, allowing for a great variety of combinations to suit every storage need. Even the front passenger seat can fold flat.

2. Excellent fuel economy. Highway driving is very close to the 17km/liter claim, city driving is about 13-14km/l. At current prices, $50+ for a full tank gets you almost 500km.

3. It's relatively torquey on low revs, giving it a decent rate of acceleration.

4. Excellent Honda quality, great warranty coverage.

5. The car is typically bigger than it looks from the outside, give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I just bought a car recently. After much research, test drives and even renting some models to try, I decided on the Honda Jazz. It should be available close to the $50k mark now, mine was purchased just under $50k.

What I like about it...

1. Surprisingly versatile space configuration. Seats fold up and down, allowing for a great variety of combinations to suit every storage need. Even the front passenger seat can fold flat.

2. Excellent fuel economy. Highway driving is very close to the 17km/liter claim, city driving is about 13-14km/l. At current prices, $50+ for a full tank gets you almost 500km.

3. It's relatively torquey on low revs, giving it a decent rate of acceleration.

4. Excellent Honda quality, great warranty coverage.

5. The car is typically bigger than it looks from the outside, give it a try.
    Thanks!

U bought from Kah motors? wats the standard configurations like?

Any diff from a Honda Fit & Jazz? any new face lift model coming?

I think the new model is about 2 years away, possibly more. The current look is still quite fresh, imo.

Got it from Kah... standard 15" alloy rims, in dash CD stereo, leather interior... that's about it really... I bargained for a center armrest/console and reverse sensors which were thrown in FOC. I zhnged it up a bit with 16" rims and bigger tyres... adding a small spoiler next week. Bigger brakes are next on the list...

Are Honda Jazz all auto? To get the best fuel consumption, think have the smallest rim & tyre set up... should be 14" & 185 section tyres...

I like the LED rear brake lights of the Honda Fit. This item Honda Jazz doesn't have, as it have the old rear lamp unit.
    Last edited by wrx_sti_22b; 11th March 2006 at 04:41 AM.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Are Honda Jazz all auto? To get the best fuel consumption, think have the smallest rim & tyre set up... should be 14" & 185 section tyres...

I like the LED rear brake lights of the Honda Fit. This item Honda Jazz doesn't have, as it have the old rear lamp unit.
    Honda Jazz comes in Auto or Manual. They just had a 2006 facelift so the rear brake lights should be similar to what to the new Fit. Not sure about the current package but when i got my Jazz last year, it comes with 15" rims. Fuel consumption wise, probably at the avg of 15km/L.

No. New facelift never gives the rear LED lamp unit of the Fit. The wheels are 15", the one in your avatar. The most fuel economical model in the japanese line up gets 14" wheels & skinny 185 section tyres.

yeah, honda civic coming end of the month... sad thing is... i not around...

anyway, asked the honda agent about airwave if Kah Motors bringing in... then he said no, den tell me alllllll.... the bad things about parallel imports... den since maybe around end of year then replace the spare, he said Kah might be bringing in something similar around end of the year.... wonder which car leh... i still like the airwave... not speed... just the interior...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Not bad mah... got BMW M3, so next is a M5? or Z3?

Anyway, mazda cars are never fuel savers... esp those rotary engines...
    I think rotary engine is different breed, IMHO I can't say this machine is petrol guzzler.
    I look at RX-8 when I was in Mazda Showroom, 1.3l generate 232 HP at 8500 RPM.
    This is almost similar to 2.5l Subaru WRX performance and both RX-8 and WRX has FC about 7-8 kml.
    Performance comes at cost (of fuel consumption). If RX-8 generate 232 HP and sipping petrol like 1.3 Nissan March I think the queue for this car will be as long as great wall.
    Too bad RX-8 not within my budget......I settle with something much lesser to replace my City i-DSI.
    W204FL

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthunter
    I think rotary engine is different breed, IMHO I can't say this machine is petrol guzzler.
    I look at RX-8 when I was in Mazda Showroom, 1.3l generate 232 HP at 8500 RPM.
    This is almost similar to 2.5l Subaru WRX performance and both RX-8 and WRX has FC about 7-8 kml.
    Performance comes at cost (of fuel consumption). If RX-8 generate 232 HP and sipping petrol like 1.3 Nissan March I think the queue for this car will be as long as great wall.
    Too bad RX-8 not within my budget......I settle with something much lesser to replace my City i-DSI.
    Yo boss, bought a new car again?

Now Mazda RX-8 got a lower power & a higher power RX-8. I got a feeling that nxt time eventually the horsepower output will reach 280bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    Honda Jazz comes in Auto or Manual. They just had a 2006 facelift so the rear brake lights should be similar to what to the new Fit. Not sure about the current package but when i got my Jazz last year, it comes with 15" rims. Fuel consumption wise, probably at the avg of 15km/L.
    Honda Jazz got yet another facelift i think, saw on Saturday's paper. Not sure can i say another facelift or just that it comes wif a lot of kits, like in the photos i saw bodykit & the rear LED lamp unit of the Honda Fit. But today i saw a yellow one, SGF number plate, but dun have. Still the same as earlier this yr. B.T.W, i think that the shade of yellow offered is very pretty. Better than pale pastel yellow or lemon yellow.

Honda Fit still a strong seller in Japan which Honda thinks doesn't need a replacement yet. So amazing, coz there are many rivals which are newer.

if i not mistaken, rotary-based engines are big drinkers, since every 1/3 turn of the rotor is a combustion phase, compared to the typical 4-stroke engine where only 1 out of 4 stroke (each cylinder) is combustion.

ever heard RX8 owners mentioned, "you dun run, i go topup petrol first. " before chet-ting other cars.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast