Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think of Pavin?

Default Re: What do you think of Pavin?

just wondering how many singaporean men would actually do ns given a choice ...

/flamesuit on

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    just wondering how many singaporean men would actually do ns given a choice ...

/flamesuit on
    no need flamesuit lah ....just discussion only lah. If given a choice, I think most would not want to serve. It's only during the process, then one would realise the importance of National service . That's why NS change boyz to man.

Where in the world would you get a mix of different races, cultures living under one roof , kena takan together, eat together, chiong together . It's this kind of multi culture melting pot that has enable singapore to come this far ....

I can tell you that a good portion of parents would tell their children to pack up and go home when there is trouble. no offense here, poohbear can quote all he wants but then those are arent applicable. People rather have their family intact and start again somewhere else. thus how many would fight? or rather how many can fight?

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    I can tell you that a good portion of parents would tell their children to pack up and go home when there is trouble. no offense here, poohbear can quote all he wants but then those are arent applicable. People rather have their family intact and start again somewhere else. thus how many would fight? or rather how many can fight?
    nah ... no offense taken, I think this is because almost everywhere is so peaceful. People can just pack and go easily.

if there's a sudden aggression on our island, given our small territory, can we choose not to fight?

By today`s standard of warfare, it will be over in a week at most in Singapore`s case.

even if it is so, can we choose not to fight?

can, just dont fight.

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    no country

what does loyalty to a country mean anyway ?

if it means fighting in a war for a country, i wont..ir-regardless of country singapore or malaysia.

right now the only 2 conditions would i fight for my life is my family and my God.
    ir-regardless
    No such word exists in the dictionary.

Actually, TMC is right, the way war is fought these days, it is a matter of days before Sg is overrun. The country is just too small.

Also having served NS and having seen first hand the 'gusto' in which the Hokkien Pengs go about their training, I'm doubtful if many will turn up for duty when the time comes.

No discipline and they don't even respect the chain of command. It's like 'everyman for himself'. How to fight a war like that?
    Last edited by Tetrode; 22nd January 2006 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Actually, TMC is right, the way war is fought these days, it is a matter of days before Sg is overrun. The country is just too small.

Also having served NS and having seen first hand the 'gusto' in which the Hokkien Pengs go about their training, I'm doubtful if many will turn up for duty when the time comes.

No discipline and they don't even respect the chain of command. It's like 'everyman for himself'. How to fight a war like that?
    so will you be advocating the complete removal of NS?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    so will you be advocating the complete removal of NS?
    Hell NO, let the new generation suffer like we did.

but seriously, the culture/mindset of the soldiers has to change at lot if our ground forces are to be truly effective. Otherwise we are just going through the motions.

Hell NO, let the new generation suffer like we did.

but seriously, the culture/mindset of the soldiers has to change at lot if our ground forces are to be truly effective. Otherwise we are just going through the motions.
    that's true

well, we will have to see when the real thing happens, i doubt we will be overun easily. there is a plan that covers that.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

i jus ORD from NS last week after 2 yrs 4 months (due to the 2 deduction in NS)

Whether NS is fruitful or not? It really depends on one’s perception. If u think NS is full of sh*t & waste of time, then it is. If u think that NS is a period of time to grow up, mature, learn something special or new, then it is.

For my case, if there was a choice to choose not to serve… I will not serve. But since I don’t have the choice, I may as well face it with a more open vision & be optimistic about it. I told myself not to waste my 2 & 1/2years inside, I will make good use of this period to experience & learn whatever nonsense that will happen to me.

So I went for my NS, tasted & experienced the all the “sai” there is and it’s a good experience! (even though at 1st I don’t like it.) I learn a lot about People Relations (which is very important), Responsibility, Teamwork & one last thing- POLITICS… see a lot, understand a lot & learn to let go of unnecessary emotions .

So it’s up to everyone to perceive their own life experience… in life sh*t always happen some how or rather. When BIG Sh*t happens, all the small Sh*t there are, is nothing…

So just take it easy~ I personally feels it's fruitful.

ir-regardless
    No such word exists in the dictionary.

wow thank you for your input. Please do post more.

Quote Originally Posted by zhang3feng
    i jus ORD from NS last week after 2 yrs 4 months (due to the 2 deduction in NS)

Whether NS is fruitful or not? It really depends on one’s perception. If u think NS is full of sh*t & waste of time, then it is. If u think that NS is a period of time to grow up, mature, learn something special or new, then it is.

For my case, if there was a choice to choose not to serve… I will not serve. But since I don’t have the choice, I may as well face it with a more open vision & be optimistic about it. I told myself not to waste my 2 & 1/2years inside, I will make good use of this period to experience & learn whatever nonsense that will happen to me.

So I went for my NS, tasted & experienced the all the “sai” there is and it’s a good experience! (even though at 1st I don’t like it.) I learn a lot about People Relations (which is very important), Responsibility, Teamwork & one last thing- POLITICS… see a lot, understand a lot & learn to let go of unnecessary emotions .

So it’s up to everyone to perceive their own life experience… in life sh*t always happen some how or rather. When BIG Sh*t happens, all the small Sh*t there are, is nothing…

So just take it easy~ I personally feels it's fruitful.

well said.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    302 now also must serve leh ....
    Give me an extra digit. I need a lucky number for 4D this week.

302.....Simi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Give me an extra digit. I need a lucky number for 4D this week.

302.....Simi?
    buy the one with R - front and back..

R302 & 302R

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123