Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Pavin?

Default Re: What do you think of Pavin?

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    先治其国,后治其家
    无国可治也,何来家可治

这位兄台有如此想法,可真是唉哉唉哉也!

How does that apply to the topic? I dont get it

Anyways, he doesnt want to accept a phase of life that is going to be forced upon him, hey so be it, he would not know the joy of NS. Some people have fun in NS and some can never come to terms with it.

I came from another country and has served my NS for the PR and citizenship requirements. I liked NS, comraderie and all that. But then after NS, I found that when it is a futile waste of time if I am to head overseas for studies then work. Compared to the other countries which does not have NS, you are older than the new graduates but still of the same level.

Worst still is that you graduated from college first then enter NS, by the time you enter the workforce, your friends that graduated with you has 2 ~ 3 years of experience already. So in this aspect, I do support the people who do not want to do NS. If I had a choice, I rather be working earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    How does that apply to the topic? I dont get it
    TMC,

poohbear is just referring to the below statement made by Trinity.

no country

what does loyalty to a country mean anyway ?

if it means fighting in a war for a country, i wont..ir-regardless of country singapore or malaysia.

right now the only 2 conditions would i fight for my life is my family and my God.
    Last edited by Ah_Seng; 21st January 2006 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng
    TMC,

poohbear is just referring to the below statement made by Trinity.

no country

if it means fighting in a war for a country, i wont..ir-regardless of country singapore or malaysia.

right now the only 2 conditions would i fight for my life is my family and my God.

translate it for me

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    no country

If you cant fight for your country, how can you fight for your family? When there is no family, who to repect the god? Sorry for being so straight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    If you cant fight for your country, how can you fight for your family? When there is no family, who to respect the god? Sorry for being so straight.
    well said

If you cant fight for your country, how can you fight for your family? When there is no family, who to repect the god? Sorry for being so straight.
    Just a thought,

Family not in the country, then why fight? Family in the country, then get them out of there asap. Prob that is what most people will do. Rational thinking. People care more about family first than country.

Seriously too much useless talk in here, when the fighting starts, I will be more interested to know how many actually remained to fight or even picks up a weapon to fight.
    Last edited by TMC; 21st January 2006 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Seriously too much useless talk in here, when the fighting starts, I will be more interested to know how many actually remained to fight or even picks up a weapon to fight.
    Please don't underestimate us. Most of us will at least pick up our DSLRs and shoot the war.

It's not everyday you can shoot a war from your front yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Please don't underestimate us. Most of us will at least pick up our DSLRs and shoot the war.

hahah true ....

well your statement is hugely flawed.

if a rapist is coming into my house, i will risk my life protecting my family. Thats what I meant by fighting for my family.

"when there is no family, who to repect the God"

I don't even know what the statement means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

hahha that would be the most well covered war in history.

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    well your statement is hugely flawed.

if a rapist is coming into my house, i will risk my life protecting my family. Thats what I meant by fighting for my family.

"when there is no family, who to repect the God"

I don't even know what the statement means.
    A direct translation ,

Rule country before a home
    Without a country , where/how to rule a home.

it all boils down to one's belief of 'loyalty'.

人之无忠,在于本
    无忠于国,在于私

God bless and luck to you

wah seh, didn't know pb knows so much about 忠孝仁义

A direct translation ,

Rule country before a home
    Without a country , where/how to rule a home.

it all boils down to one's belief of 'loyalty'.

人之无忠,在于本
    无忠于国,在于私

God bless and luck to you

wah liao...super chim. must teach me when i come back.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    wah liao...super chim. must teach me when i come back.
    the cause for the lack of loyalty comes from upbringing, the cause for a lack of loyalty for one's country comes from selfishness hope the translation is correct

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    the cause for the lack of loyalty comes from upbringing, the cause for a lack of loyalty for one's country comes from selfishness hope the translation is correct
    eikin's ink more 'powderful'. Chinese and western mixed of ink. my angmo ink cheap cheap one.

eikin's ink more 'powderful'. Chinese and western mixed of ink. my angmo ink cheap cheap one.
    mine very cheap one, $2 pilot g5 grip pen, refillable ink $1+ a stick only

dun mind me for saying this but seriously I really look down on pple who "chao keng" NS.......give all the big talk the they are not going to stay in Singapore coz of this and that wan to emigrate to other place but after sometime, they still come back and reapply for citizenship and brag abt how they manage to siam NS......pui to all these lam nua kias. Think it because when they are young, they are being spoilt by their parents, life is too easy and comfy for them, so the moment they see hardship or trouble coming, they all siam. If a war happens and if any of these bunch of nau kias is being threaten by ememy forces to do things that are inmoral to their own family like killing or sexual acts and other stuffs, my thought would be that these bunch of nua kia will do it for the sake of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpose
    dun mind me for saying this but seriously I really look down on pple who "chao keng" NS.......give all the big talk the they are not going to stay in Singapore coz of this and that wan to emigrate to other place but after sometime, they still come back and reapply for citizenship and brag abt how they manage to siam NS......pui to all these lam nua kias. Think it because when they are young, they are being spoilt by their parents, life is too easy and comfy for them, so the moment they see hardship or trouble coming, they all siam. If a war happens and if any of these bunch of nau kias is being threaten by ememy forces to do things that are inmoral to their own family like killing or sexual acts and other stuffs, my thought would be that these bunch of nua kia will do it for the sake of themselves.
    relac relac ...

those who think NS is a waste of time, please sign up your citizenship elsewhere. Here in SG, every abled man serves it for one purpose; national defense. If you do not have sense of loyaty to the country than bugger off. No one is special, do the time and get on with life...there will be no SG left if everyone thinks that way.

If you think you can't take it, here's a way out to make it easier:

When you go for first medical before enlistment, declare to the medical officer." I am 302."
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    those who think NS is a waste of time, please sign up your citizenship elsewhere. Here in SG, every abled man serves it for one purpose; national defense. If you do not have sense of loyaty to the country than bugger off. No one is special, do the time and get on with life...there will be no SG left if everyone thinks that way.

If you think you can't take it, here's a way out to make it easier:

When you go for first medical before enlistment, declare to the medical officer." I am 302."
    302 now also must serve leh ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast