Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you donate blood now?

Default Re: Would you donate blood now?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    I would love to donate blood, however if you have spent more than a couple months in Europe in the '90s then you are banned from donating blood in Singapore. I lived in Switzerland until 9 years ago, ever since i am in Singapore and still i am banned from donating blood. In view of the blood shortage it sounds like madness (but not the cow madness they try to prevent from spreading).
    same here I wasn't allow to donate blood because I was staying in UK during the Mad cow disease saga .
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

i know I will donate. Have been donating since 80's.

Smile Re: Would you donate blood now?

my sense is that the blood bank needs to rethink its strategies on how to get donors in. my sense again is that they are 'too conservative' in its approach.

is it painful? damn, i would love to donate, but those freaking needles scare the hell out of me.

i think they should just promote blood donations more extensively. like make the public realise how important a pack is. some would just think ...

"aiyas just one pack, i donate or not, no difference one la"

that's the thing. actually same applies to me but do they ask you relavent questions like whether you have std or any past blood diseases? they do right?
    I Love You :)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kit_fisto
    is it painful? damn, i would love to donate, but those freaking needles scare the hell out of me.
    It's like an ant bite. The anesthetic that is. The thick needle won't hurt one bit after the anesthesia.

maybe this can be another CS outing?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It's like an ant bite. The anesthetic that is. The thick needle won't hurt one bit after the anesthesia.
    really? geesh, thought they poke they big ass needle in straight away. but what about getting it out? the anasthetic will last throughout it?

really? geesh, thought they poke they big ass needle in straight away. but what about getting it out? the anasthetic will last throughout it?
    dun worry, the only thing that seems to hurt me is when they use those small thingy to prick on my finger and tap some blood for testing.. hahaha

the rest doesnt hurt. definitely not the big needle, cos of the anesthetic.

Deregistered

It won't hurt at all... trust me... not even after pulling it out.

Thats good. Maybe can call some of my frenz to donate when we have the time

I don't think it is. I organised a blood donation drive in my school last year. And I found out that a number of female students have donated before. Its not that pain, if not why would they donate?

Anyway before you guys think of donating, if you have multiple sex partners or what, you got to declare it in the form....
    Have you read IT???

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    my sense is that the blood bank needs to rethink its strategies on how to get donors in. my sense again is that they are 'too conservative' in its approach.
    Maybe you can suggest on how to be not conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    I don't think it is. I organised a blood donation drive in my school last year. And I found out that a number of female students have donated before. Its not that pain, if not why would they donate?

Anyway before you guys think of donating, if you have multiple sex partners or what, you got to declare it in the form....
    hehehehe...... girls too, if you have multiple sex partners or been enguaged in homosexual activities, pregnant, infected with dieases, having pain somewhere ............ got to declare to the MO when you see him/her.

Smile Re: Would you donate blood now?

hmm. only if i am paid to sit at the top there.

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock

If one can lose weight by donating, i'm sure there'll be a lot more keen people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    maybe this can be another CS outing?
    This sounds like a brilliant idea!

Anyone wanna take the lead to organise it? I really hope I can find time to go next week before CNY ...

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Maybe our friend is thinking along the lines of 'more relaxed rules' for blood donors.

Unfortunately, if there are stricter and more stringent rules for blood donation and even if it means to the point that you can't donate blood the moment u have sex with other ppl, I'm all for it.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Hi, I think most of the people just feel funny to do it alone. Well, for me I did donate a feel times. I only donated once alone, and always with a friend. Perhaps when someone organise, more people will go. Anyway for this round of appeal from blood bank, my colleagues and I are going next week. We started a chain mail in the office, and those who always wanted to donate but shy, or find it inaccessible, or don't know go where to do it, can actually join us during lunch. ha. peer pressure...

Just curious to know.

Is there a difference between donating blood to a hospital or donating blood at the Blood centre.

Heard something like the blood supply is not shared among the hospitals.

There was once I wanted to donate blood to a friend. As the hospital was out of the way, I asked if I can donate at a hospital nearer to my place and transfer the blood over. The nurse didn't sound pleased.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast