Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local yet foreign

Default Local yet foreign

havent been getting much comments/critiques whenever i post photos in this sub.. hope to get more soon.

cheers.

Default Re: local yet foreign

Ur a film student? @? Np?

Hmmm i like this pick pretty much cos of the lines and colours. But somehow it kinda gets a lil tiring to look at it cos its got not much else happening.
    just my 2 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Ur a film student? @? Np?

Hmmm i like this pick pretty much cos of the lines and colours. But somehow it kinda gets a lil tiring to look at it cos its got not much else happening.
    just my 2 cents worth
    yea im studying at np..
    thanks for the comments..

actually i didnt plan to make the photo 'happening' cos it was meant to be sortof an architechtural photo and i intended it to look like they're buildings not from singapore.

Hmmm alright, i'm from FSV. anyways... you might wanna try to take it at a more angled view. Low angle kinda thing. Might work cos this one seems a little in your face kinda thing.

ooh i like this, particularly cos i like architecture shots. i'm from NP too btw, MCM.

i was from FSV

Phildate
    Guests

I find the building on the left easy to look at but the building on the right a bit more straining on the eye. Where they meet seems particularly 'messy'.

this is boring. perhaps a shot of the same building from a different angle would help.

i find it rather stiff... maybe when u convert to black & white will look better

to the comments made.
    I think if there was more "info" in this shot, it might make it more beautiful?

thanks for all the feedback, will put more thought to them and apply to future shots.

just my suggestion, since this is meant for architechtural photo, why not you take it as an overall building? Or with very low angle that involves with some sky and clouds that makes the bulding more stand out. That is what I feel...

on the contrary, i'd rather you go even closer to the building to capture a distinct portion that mesmerises.

anyone with a camera can take a shot of an entire building from a low angle. in fact, it's so overdone i literally feel vomit coming up my throat each time i see one.
    Last edited by Waffle; 20th January 2006 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    on the contrary, i'd rather you go even closer to the building to capture a distinct portion that mesmerises.

anyone with a camera can take a shot of an entire building from a low angle. in fact, it's so overdone i literally feel vomit coming up my throat each time i see one.
    got picture of ur vomit to show??

Quote Originally Posted by Boddah
    yea im studying at np..
    thanks for the comments..

actually i didnt plan to make the photo 'happening' cos it was meant to be sortof an architechtural photo and i intended it to look like they're buildings not from singapore.
    a couple of fundamental flaws ... what do you mean by 'sort of an architectural photo' ? what do you mean by 'buildings not from singapore' ? you'll probably need to be more well versed in the Modern Movement and Singapore's architecture history to make a convincing commentary IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    a couple of fundamental flaws ... what do you mean by 'sort of an architectural photo' ? what do you mean by 'buildings not from singapore' ? you'll probably need to be more well versed in the Modern Movement and Singapore's architecture history to make a convincing commentary IMHO.
    honestly, i shoot what my eyes think look nice.. i dont know much about architectural photography to start off with since i'm still a learning amateur.
    i made that loose comment based on what i felt and thought of the photo. i thought the buildings didnt look like they're from sigapore.. as in, they can pass off as buildings from hongkong or the states.

i dont mean to offend anyone, but i think i dont really need to know about architechture history to make a comment on my photo. yes i do admit, knowing the history might help in making a 'better' comment, but nonetheless, im not an architechtural photographer, nor did i mention that i am interested in architechtural photographs. i shoot what i like and build on them, because i'm learning.

anyway, this photo is part of a mini series. since i can't post up more than one photo as per mentioned in the guidelines, here are the links to two other photos of buildings in spore.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28...ding2cbdlj.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28...ilding3cbd.jpg

cheers.
    Last edited by Boddah; 20th January 2006 at 02:51 AM.

the idea to play around with line is interesting, however the execution is boring. Perhabs you can try more dynamic line than static one.

its not perfect, but its a start. u may like 2 reshoot it diff time of d day / nite? i'll like it more if d colors were more punchy!

Default Re: Local yet foreign

felt that there is no particular subject in focus. the parrallel lines on the both sides are total distraction. a different angle of shooting it might be nicer. have more contrast in the picture by having more darker shadows of other buildings on it and with some bright cloudy skies or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle

overdone or not, there are good and poor executions. the ones you've wasted your bodily fluids are probably the poor ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast