Thread: Snappers in Victoria, Australia to defy police ban

Default Snappers in Victoria, Australia to defy police ban

Snappers to defy police ban

POLICE directives about what could and could not be photographed were an abuse of power and should be ignored, Liberty Victoria said today.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Default Re: Snappers in Victoria, Australia to defy police ban

I agree, they should ignore the police, but at their own risk - everyone knows Vic police are trigger happy.

Hmm.... They talked abt "Human Rights" and our 'draconian and barbaric act' the last time round. The press had a field day on 'dat poor guy' and the story abt two twins, one good & one bad....

I'll choose to reserve my judgements this time round, fish out the popcorn and wait for the fireworks.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Just for interests' sake, we are not allowed to take photographs on Jurong island as well.
    I would like to see someone make noise about it, and then if we are allow, i would definitely go there and take some pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Just for interests' sake, we are not allowed to take photographs on Jurong island as well.
    I would like to see someone make noise about it, and then if we are allow, i would definitely go there and take some pictures!
    wats there to shoot anyway? i'd prefer they just let me run in my car next time... its better than going down expressway up & down to try to clock 5k...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    wats there to shoot anyway? i'd prefer they just let me run in my car next time... its better than going down expressway up & down to try to clock 5k...
    There are plenty to shoot there. Esp at nite with all the lights...
    I went there once... before it becomes an security issue...

There are plenty to shoot there. Esp at nite with all the lights...
    I went there once... before it becomes an security issue...
    have they cordened off jurong hill then?

If the same thing happened in S'pore, I'm pretty sure people here will just obey... Which is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    Snappers to defy police ban

POLICE directives about what could and could not be photographed were an abuse of power and should be ignored, Liberty Victoria said today.

Now police also learns how to "Shoot first talk later".

vince123123
    Guests

The comments there.....so amusing....hahah

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey

Let's face it. To the photographers there are only one law maker to fear of.

He is not the police, not the minister and not even the father-in-law.

He is The Security Guard

vince123123
    Guests

Now...thats one heck of a funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Let's face it. To the photographers there are only one law maker to fear of.

He is not the police, not the minister and not even the father-in-law.

He is The Security Guard

If I were a serious terrorist bent on taking revenge, I'll use a small camera, or even pinhole. or shoot from vehicle.

Ever heard of something called Google Earth?

Why stop people from taking pics of buildings?
    Like the old shophouses at MacKenzie Road. Which terrorist in his right mind would blast a row of old, crumbling, dilapidated, mostly unoccupied shophouses?

StreetDirectory.com had tons of pics of buildings. What about that?
    And tourism promotion websites? Raffles Hotel, Esplanade, Millenia Towers are all famous local landmarks, tons of pics of them are on tourism websites. And people in the streets are stopped from taking photos of them?

who really feels the need to go to jurong and take a s**t load of photos? i do!!!!

Should organise a trip, would be so fun!!!!
    Last edited by wildstallion; 18th January 2006 at 05:38 PM.

Try walking around with a nice SLR around your neck on Jurong island, you'll probably be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    Try walking around with a nice SLR around your neck on Jurong island, you'll probably be shot.
    So would be ok with a DSLR then?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

oh i would love to try my night shoot at the oil refinery.
    used to guard the area when i am in NS.
    but the smell

wizentub
    Guests

An interesting thread.
    Today after taking our dogs on the same walk with minor variations my friend was thrown into the back of a divvy van in the next town over and told he ws being charged with stalking.
    The reason, we have walked past the same house daily for a long time with no incidents until the owners cat which is eating a wild bird inthe bush is chased by our dog.
    For thenext 2 days he/we were harrased by th lady and even attempted to be ran over by one of her friends.
    We used to eet a lot of dog walkers along the track but thishas petered out to none from that side of town in the last year or more, since these people built their home.
    "It was you who stopped our house building" said the lady when asked if she could help and call bi-laws to help retreive the dog who is chipped.
    I always carry a camera on my walk and apparently the lady has been companining fo rmonths that my friend has been stalking her. Appparently I was never present.
    I was also told that I had to get rid of the photographs I had taken of her abode, despit it being one single snap, taken from public porperty and shows oly a portionof her dwelling. I was actually snapping the wildflowers on the nature reserve.
    The police aid it was not legal to do this and he/we would be arrested if we went past her home again, although it is a public road.
    I am upset and angry that people who build on the edge of urbania think they own the entire area road and all and that I have no right to take pictures of the area.
    I learned a little abutthepolice in Vic today too, they have revered back to theold ways quickly since Miss Nixon left and had no need of their actions.
    We personally thnk it is a drug lab andhave nor eason not to think so now that such action has been taken to try and stop us using the public street or face a stalking charge and restraiing order and will also involve confiscation of the camera and computer for the image.
    What is going on???

vince123123
    Guests

Too bad you're not in Singapore, else I can help you