Thread: Visuals For A Piece Of Writing.

Default Visuals For A Piece Of Writing.

Hey Fellow CSers, I kinda did a small paragraph on Peotry. Was just wondering what kinda visuals and effect you will insert into this abstract? PLease dun criticise my writing.. i'm just doing this for a small film project. thanks.

This piece is entitled " Silence "

"SILENCE"

As the world kept quiet,
    And things fall back into place,
    I’ll take a silent walk,
    Amongst the autumn fall.
    Into the shadows… and leave.
    I won’t look back,
    Nor say a second word.
    And time shall stand still.
    I shan’t say goodbye...

Hope this doesn't kill anyone.

Default Re: Visuals For A Piece Of Writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Hey Fellow CSers, I kinda did a small paragraph on Peotry. Was just wondering what kinda visuals and effect you will insert into this abstract? PLease dun criticise my writing.. i'm just doing this for a small film project. thanks.

"SILENCE"

As the world kept quiet,
    I’ll take a silent walk,
    Amongst the autumn fall.
    I won’t look back,
    Nor say a second word.
    I shan’t say goodbye...

Have a look at Ryu's ending in Street Fighter II haahaa

perhaps a full body shot of man/woman with unsmiling face (with averted eyes) in black and white, and side lighted (muted high contrast, ie the whites are toned down to light grey, black is pitch black), in front of a photoshopped background of brown leaves (closeup/macro shots) in various shades of autumn and similarly toned down, with heavy burning effect to the borders (ie fading heavily into black at the corners.

placement of man/woman should balance with placement of text (white color) so as to lead the eye towards the text.

just my S$0.02
    Last edited by smaerck; 18th January 2006 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim

"SILENCE"

As the world kept quiet,
    I’ll take a silent walk,
    Amongst the autumn fall.
    I won’t look back,
    Nor say a second word.
    I shan’t say goodbye...

The imagery that is created by this piece i would say is: An image of a lonely person walking alone on a dark day, surrounded by leaves, who is silent due to what has happened (could be a break up and doesnt want to say good buy, a death, doesnt want the person to go and everyone else has moved on but the I in the poem hasnt, and also the silence and darkness would fit nicely here)

So could use a pic of a guy in black trousers white shirt and a jacket slung over is shoulder walking away from the cam either on a blcak background or in an autum setting

This is what i see, just my opinion
    Last edited by wildstallion; 18th January 2006 at 05:49 PM.

Cheers, =)
    this is actually a film project shot on 200 ft 16mm film. The idea behind it was actually suicide in a very subtle manner. Something more visual and beautiful then narrative.
    So if you were to buld this film on visuals. what else would you guys put? just curious.

Just an eerie path will do. anywhere like back alley at night or mud trail in a forest. Best if the road end in darkness. No need anyone, as the person left already.