Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun...Why Nikon is the dark side? And why Canon is Jedi?

Default Just for fun...Why Nikon is the dark side? And why Canon is Jedi?

I always want to ask this when I first visit CS 3 years ago...but pai say...

I own 2 canon dslr and 1 nikon dslr....what am I? 2/3 a Jedi or 1/3 Sith? What am I?

Just for fun...

Default Re: Just for fun...Why Nikon is the dark side? And why Canon is Jedi?

i think it's becos the resident photographers here are also star wars fans. Then someone said something about canon have white lens while nikkors are all black (save the grey ones) and dunno how they link it to Nikons being the dark side cos all (except the grey) are black while Canon's L lenses being white is the opposite of the dark side being the jedis.. just play along

Do what the romans do when in rome.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    I always want to ask this when I first visit CS 3 years ago...but pai say...

I own 2 canon dslr and 1 nikon dslr....what am I? 2/3 a Jedi or 1/3 Sith? What am I?

Just for fun...
    another thing to add.. you are neither.. but you are

RICH...

to own both Canon and Nikon SLRs..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

You are known as a grey Jedi.

Teach you a formula, buy a dslr and a standard zoom lens(dun have to be the best), do a few job with it, use the money you make to buy another one(2nd hand) with an excuse that you need a back up camera, then do a few more job with them, and buy another one....pretty easy....just dun use credit card to buy....use cash you make from your camera. I am working on my next one...he he

Does the jedi theory applies to Minolta? Minolta have white lens too, so does Vivitar and Cosina....

If a nikon user uses a Vivitar or Cosina white lens, then how?
    Last edited by TrailsofLife; 18th January 2006 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    In a few light years away, 2 colonies were often fighting for world domination.

The Dark and The Light.

The Dark was dark because the sunlight was shielded by The Light. Which in turn is called The Light because the sun rays were mostly abosrbed by them.

When the war started or why the war started was unknown. The Light and the Dark began to fight each other, using massive destruction of weapons like Dark Cabres D2X loaded with 1200-1700mm and countering with Light Cabres 1DS MKII loaded with 1200mm.

Due to the nature of The Dark planet, no sunlight means no bright colours, all weapons created were thus Black in colour. For The Light, too much sunlight was available, the weapons would go koyak when under the sun for too long. The war was in favour of the Dark Side.

However, The Light, after much research and fighting, they developed the Light system, which was white in colour. This in turn allowed the weapons to be used under the hot sunlight.

There was an even fight between the two now. The winning was just a matter of light years time before everything can be resolved.

There came The Dark greatest invention. The similar Light Cabres. These weapons were very light in colour, similar to that of The Light. It was very well camofluged and The Light didn't realise they had enemy forces within them. The colour used was purposely grey but near white. This was to allow The Dark warriors to recognise their own infiltrators.

And who shall now win... the saga continues...

here is something for you to munch on. For simplicity`s sake, keep to 2 brands. easier

Teach you a formula, buy a dslr and a standard zoom lens(dun have to be the best), do a few job with it, use the money you make to buy another one(2nd hand) with an excuse that you need a back up camera, then do a few more job with them, and buy another one....pretty easy....just dun use credit card to buy....use cash you make from your camera. I am working on my next one...he he

Does the jedi theory applies to Minolta? Minolta have white lens too, so does Vivitar and Cosina....

If a nikon user uses a Vivitar or Cosina white lens, then how?
    black is boring?

Because the ultimate 1is in the Canon side........

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    here is something for you to munch on. For simplicity`s sake, keep to 2 brands. easier
    Basket... simi anonymous?

extreme contrasts will spoil a pic de, u kno!

No, no, no...dun start a war here, guys...

TMC, thats funny...ha ha

Personally, I like Canon's lens, but I like Nikon body...confused person...ha ha

should I close this since there's an answer liao.....

Quote Originally Posted by USM
    Or a white Sith?

Personally, I like Canon's lens, but I like Nikon body...confused person...ha ha
    a hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by USM
    for a moment i thought i saw GAY jedi

Blog Entries

isn't it because Nikon can hold shadow detail better?
    so all the dark pictures are nicer?

jar jar binks?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    isn't it because Nikon can hold shadow detail better?
    so all the dark pictures are nicer?
    Its how nikon build their slr, very easy and user friendly. In terms of image quality, same same lah.

Quote Originally Posted by pai
    jar jar binks?

I rather be R2

Too bad it's not the other way round. You could have easily used Nikon lenses on Canon's body via an adaptor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast