Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanoi vietnam

Default Hanoi vietnam

We will be there this CNY. any suggestions for a 4 days trip? Is it possible to visit the halong bay and sapa in 3 days?
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

Default Re: Hanoi vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Agila
    We will be there this CNY. any suggestions for a 4 days trip? Is it possible to visit the halong bay and sapa in 3 days?
    Impossible.

i saw the distance and it is not possible..
    thanks areality!
    is there any suggestion for a good place in hanoi and halong bay?

Vietnam celebrates CNY too, so I guess most places could either be closed or packed with Vietnamese tourists

Halong Bay can a be a day trip but Sapa needs to travel in overnight train or coach. IMO, visit China's Yunnan would be a better choice than Sapa

i would suggest a day trip to halong bay only,nothing on the Cat Ba island..

the Old quarter's in hanoi is interesting,lots of street photography there.

The ceramic or pottery village day tour available in hanoi is also a waste of time..

TRY THE HIGHLAND COFFEE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE IN HANOI!

Went there about 10 years ago.
    Many amputees then.
    Women wear AoDai look beautiful.
    Now they must be richer. Maybe tourism spoiled already and lost the innocence.
    Hanoi is nicer than Saigon ( Ho Chi Minh city).
    Still got French architecture.
    Stayed in a hotel in the middle of a lake. Nice.

Look for this place "Little Hanoi" (search for it in Google) which is located in the Old Quarter. There are some shops at the old quarter near the lake which sells camera bags cheap, make sure you bargain down to 8USD, i can get the same bag but much cheaper at Hoi An. The brand is northface.

Xing is right, in fact "Yunyang" in Yunnan is a much nicer place than Sapa. Its now infested by tourists like us and the people are fast losing their charm and innocence, not sparing the kids either. When I wanna take a pic of the kids, they reach out their hands and shouted "1 dollar 1 dollar!" or "Photo money ! Photo Money!", wonder who taught them that...
    But if you are armed with a telephoto lens of at least 200mm thats another story though....

If you are planning to visit Halong Bay, try to do at least a two days trip instead of a day trip or you'll spend the most of the day trip traveling up and down to Halong Bay. Won't have much time at all to see anything. And since it's during their Tet (our CNY) period, it would probably be difficult to get train tickets on the sport if you're going to Sapa.

You may want to pop over to http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ca...s.cfm?catid=24 where there's a wealth of info on Vietnam (look at the FAQ as well).

Default Hi, im newbie, im from Vietnam

Think maybe i can help about your trip to VN, may i post some pic for u to see first ? But u need atleast 10 days to visit HaLongBay and SaPa.

cont...

[IMG]http://www.photoi.org/share/upload3/1/2/1270064743/sapa3sunset0010.jp[IMG]

Cont... Erm so sorry, i dun have enough pix about Halong Bay....but dun visit those landscape at CNY, i afraid that those boat and transport sevice will close... but if u can go from today...more flower...nice weather...and see how ppl prepare for new year
    http://www.photoi.org/share/upload3/1/2/1485527913/sapa4laochai0011.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Foxxy; 18th January 2006 at 09:20 AM.

nice pix foxy! where is that lake located? i think sapa is out, we will focus in hanoi and halong.

hey Foxxy, nice pics.... are the latter ones from TamCoc? the bridge and temple looks familiar or is it Fragrant Pagoda, hehe... to Agila, if you are thinking of going to Fragrant Pagoda during CNY.... you'll be mobbed by thousands of pilgrims
    Last edited by Xing; 18th January 2006 at 11:00 AM.

Those pix have taken from Hanoi and and on the way to Huong pagoda ( only can go by river)
    the temple at midle of the lake is inside Hanoi, there is have a nice story about it.
    TamCoc also a nice place ^^ i have some pix of that place ^_^

Hi again, i forgot one thing to tell ya, this season ( CNY) strongly recomend you dun go to Halong Bay, it is very foggy there, u canot take any pix
    and if u go Sapa, it nice there, but the weather there about 0 to -3 C degree , it's cold ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    TRY THE HIGHLAND COFFEE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE IN HANOI!
    Highland coffee !!! Yum Yum.....esp at night, very nice view from high up there.

They serve camel meat too....

Tam Coc is nice. It wasn't exactly very foggy at Halong Bay and Tam Coc when i went during CNY last year. But last year CNY is abit later than this year's, so i'm not sure what's the weather condition now. Sapa is misty and foggy for sure. But i doubt you have the time to make it there.
    Last edited by Ah_Seng; 19th January 2006 at 09:19 PM.

Hey Foxxy,

i like your Vietnam pics. Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast