Hi tech gurus and those in-the-know
Will need to change my PC soon as it is getting old and cranky. Would appreciate if you can give me some suggestions on a good config for a SLS-built PC.
Budget: $1000 inc MS OS but exc monitor
1. Used mainly for work (spreadsheets, powerpoints), photo editing, surfing, mails.
2. I do not play games so would on-board video and sound capability be sufficient? Want to save some cost by not buying additional video and sound cards. I don't play music or videos or TV programs on PC as well.
3. Thinking of 1G RAM. Good and fast enough especially for photo editing? What about video editing (may do that in the future)?
4. Any min CPU speed I need to take note? I am hoping 2.8 MHz would be good enough. Super blur about L1 and L2 cache though. Won't be over clocking.
5. HDD - 7200 rpm good enough?
6. Existing PC is on AMD chip. Has been very reliable for the past 5 years. If Celeron chip can suffice for my needs, may consider that as well (cost factor). Do you think it will be a compromise?
Thinking of going to Fuwell again but would also appreciate if you can point out other reliable shops as well. Thank you for the recommendations/suggestions.