Thread: Macro Shot

Default Macro Shot

Please critique my shot. Did this at SBG - Finally, great weather for some outdoor shoots.

Thanks

Default Re: Macro Shot

Eitehr you got your DOF wrong or its due to camera shake. The fly seems a little blurry and the lighitng is highlighting an empty space.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Yes, I thought so too. Normally what would be the DOF for this? I seem to find myself trying very hard to focus and the clarity point is very small - worse still because of slight movements, it keeps changing. Will a monopod correct this situation? Thanks.

In general any form of support is better than none at all Never tried macro shots before so i dont know how to handle DOF for those kind ..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

ok thanks

Firstly, your subjects in this case shouldn't be in the shadow.

If the photo isn't cropped, I'm guessing that you've used all you AF points for this shot.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by DarNikon
    Yes, I thought so too. Normally what would be the DOF for this? I seem to find myself trying very hard to focus and the clarity point is very small - worse still because of slight movements, it keeps changing. Will a monopod correct this situation? Thanks.
    use a smaller apperture (bigger f/ number). yes, a monopod or tripod (don't extend or spread the legs fully lah) would definitely help.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

Thanks CRYN.

Trigger Happy, thanks for the tip. Cheers

Agree with Trigger on smaller aperture, but using monopod/tripod for insects macro would be troublesome. Better save your money for the longer focal length Macro Lens (Sigma 150 f2.8 is a good choice) and you could take your snipe without disturbing the insects.

If you just start with macro photography, better use the MF in combination with footsteps since the AF is a bit tricky.

Anyway, tele lens with extension tube (Kenko is the best buy) is a good start for Macro Photography.

HK

Thanks hengkyko for the tips.