Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interested in doing a TFCD

Default Re: interested in doing a tfcd

Quote Originally Posted by 300N
    Jill,

Congrat u on entering into the semifinal at club momo, gong xi gong xi.

300n
    thanks!!

i think i didn't perform well last night... had itchy rashes for the whole day but didn't dare to scratch one bit or else would be even redder and more obvious. worse was my darn skirt which kept on sliding up as i walked! quite distracted by it so didn't know what i was doing on stage

hope to do better the next round.

Cool Re: interested in doing a tfcd

Hehehe, allergic to something? Could be prawns or alcohol you know?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    thanks!!

i think i didn't perform well last night... had itchy rashes for the whole day but didn't dare to scratch one bit or else would be even redder and more obvious. worse was my darn skirt which kept on sliding up as i walked! quite distracted by it so didn't know what i was doing on stage

thanks!!

Congrets on being one step closer to the crown!!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod
    Stanley, did u sleep at all!? We finished at 11.30pm so suppose u reach home after midnight... and u r up at 6am?
    HA! Ha! Ha! Is normal to you and me, my brother will wake me up at 6am every day!!! Did you???

Quote Originally Posted by Toto38
    HA! Ha! Ha! Is normal to you and me, my brother will wake me up at 6am every day!!! Did you???
    Thanks for telling me that I am getting old

Thanks for telling me that I am getting old
    You very naughty hor??? You R not old ok??? Do more Pratical shooting and test the aperture from F1.4 to F45 than you will be better liao

thanks!!

Jill,

I also want to see you in the finals at plaza singapura on 24th Feb 2006.

Thomas

Default Re: Interested in doing a TFCD

Since the response seem to be quite good must well organise an outing to take Jill's pics, all participants just need to promise contribution of pics to her..?

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo
    Since the response seem to be quite good must well organise an outing to take Jill's pics, all participants just need to promise contribution of pics to her..?
    yeh i'm glad that the response was good
    but i thought you photographers prefer a 1-to-1 or 2-to-1 thing?
    as i'm not very sure of my schedule until end of next week, i confirm again later k. thanks for all the replies

yeh i'm glad that the response was good
    but i thought you photographers prefer a 1-to-1 or 2-to-1 thing?
    as i'm not very sure of my schedule until end of next week, i confirm again later k. thanks for all the replies
    Both group shoots and 1 to 1 shoot have it's ups and down.

Some prerfer 1 or 2 to 1 as it allows the model and photographer to focus on getting the look/feel/concept that they're going for. After all, in the model's portfolio, the model can only use, maybe 2 to 3 pictures of the same dress with the same concept or mood ( of course the photographer will shoot more than 2 or 3 frames ). There's also more time for communication as there is only 1 or 2 photographer to spread the shoot over. You'll know how the shoot will turn out right there and than ( more control all round due to less people ). Down side is there are less people to share the cost, plan the shoot as well as ideas will come only from the 1 or 2 model and 1 or 2 photographer.

In a group shoot, there are more people to share the cost as well as share ideas. You'll also be able to get more images, even from slightly diff angle. As there're more photographer and everyone may have diff style of shooting and post processing, you'll get more images with diff styles to chose from. Down side is, due to having more photographers shooting, communication and control will be less as it have to be spread over more people.

At the end of the day, it depands on what you want.

Hit rates of good images is high for group shoot due to having more images to chose from but you'll only know what you have when you see the final images due to the diff style of shooting, post processing and not being able to review the the large no of images on the spot ( imagine 6 photographer shooting 100 shots each, that's 600 shots to review ).

High hit rate can be achived in a 1 or 2 to 1 shoot because of the level of communication, amount of time and being able to review every single shot. You can have a fairly good idea of how the shoot/image will turn out there and than but there will be less people to share cost.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Both group shoots and 1 to 1 shoot have it's ups and down.

Some prerfer 1 or 2 to 1 as it allows the model and photographer to focus on getting the look/feel/concept that they're going for. After all, in the model's portfolio, the model can only use, maybe 2 to 3 pictures of the same dress with the same concept or mood ( of course the photographer will shoot more than 2 or 3 frames ). There's also more time for communication as there is only 1 or 2 photographer to spread the shoot over. You'll know how the shoot will turn out right there and than ( more control all round due to less people ). Down side is there are less people to share the cost, plan the shoot as well as ideas will come only from the 1 or 2 model and 1 or 2 photographer.

In a group shoot, there are more people to share the cost as well as share ideas. You'll also be able to get more images, even from slightly diff angle. As there're more photographer and everyone may have diff style of shooting and post processing, you'll get more images with diff styles to chose from. Down side is, due to having more photographers shooting, communication and control will be less as it have to be spread over more people.

At the end of the day, it depands on what you want.

Hit rates of good images is high for group shoot due to having more images to chose from but you'll only know what you have when you see the final images due to the diff style of shooting, post processing and not being able to review the the large no of images on the spot ( imagine 6 photographer shooting 100 shots each, that's 600 shots to review ).

High hit rate can be achived in a 1 or 2 to 1 shoot because of the level of communication, amount of time and being able to review every single shot. You can have a fairly good idea of how the shoot/image will turn out there and than but there will be less people to share cost.
    thanks for the detailed explanation! i think i do have clearer idea now

outing ar...? then see you all next friday night at club momo lar

Personally I think the latter is more likely, based on the assumption that the same photographers are involved in group or 1-1 shooting. As you said, it gives the model and photographer more time to communicate and experiment with different poses.

Personally I think the latter is more likely, based on the assumption that the same photographers are involved in group or 1-1 shooting. As you said, it gives the model and photographer more time to communicate and experiment with different poses.
    Not all may agreed, but there is also the issue of copyrights here. Smaller group means better control and easier to trace? As I said, not all may agreed.

Take note, email u ... Happy Lunar New Year * GONG XI FA CAI *

Question Re: Interested in doing a TFCD

Not all may agreed, but there is also the issue of copyrights here. Smaller group means better control and easier to trace? As I said, not all may agreed.
    Acknowledge that no all will agree and that's cool with me.

Don't quite understand the concern "easier trace?". TFCD implies the photos can be used freely for portfolio purpose but not other commercial purposes. Is that what you mean "trace" if someone breaches this guideline?

Exclamation Re: Interested in doing a TFCD

Sounds good to me, so when and where?

Acknowledge that no all will agree and that's cool with me.

Don't quite understand the concern "easier trace?". TFCD implies the photos can be used freely for portfolio purpose but not other commercial purposes. Is that what you mean "trace" if someone breaches this guideline?

Hi Connor, just back at work and finnally have email access again!!!

Yeah, in a smaller group, it is easier to trace when someone breach the terms of the TFCD. This have happen before more than once.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toto38
    You very naughty hor??? You R not old ok??? Do more Pratical shooting and test the aperture from F1.4 to F45 than you will be better liao
    Handshakes, cannot get up (early), old flower eyes... what to do?

Hi Connor, just back at work and finnally have email access again!!!

Yeah, in a smaller group, it is easier to trace when someone breach the terms of the TFCD. This have happen before more than once.

Cheers.
    Hope you had a good break.
    The traceability you mentioned sounds like a good arrangement to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast