Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems users faced with digital cameras

Originally posted by jeff chen
    I am not sure if mine counts, how about a software programme like PS 7 that runs very quickly with slower and older PCs (Pentium I and II). I mean, currently one needs a respectable speed to do photo editing, older PCs cannot make it one!
    sorry, doesn't count. we are doing stuff related to image processing, not software or hardware problems on computers.

thanks for the input.

any more inputs???

1. Noise.. that's a big issue
    2. Shutter lag, between pressing the shutter and the camera actually taking the photograph
    3. Auto-focus, sometimes a little slow
    4. EVF (Electronic View Finder) too grainy, not enough detail to know if you are really focused correctly...
    5. High drain on batteries (thought electronics use very little power?)
    6. White balancing problems, somehow images never look as like what they truely are when it comes to colours

Hope this helps

er...i think they are talking abt imaging software like PS 7 stuff?

Originally posted by mervlam

sorry, doesn't count. we are doing stuff related to image processing, not software or hardware problems on computers.
    Huh... so issit camera stuff or computer stuff then? Now I'm confused, was under the impression it was camera stuff..

Alamak, even the confused r now more confused!!

Actually, we appreciate input on any problems, whether are they hardware or software, but unfortunately, this EID project is only for 5 weeks (1 week is over, last week is presentation, we are practically left with only 3 weeks). Asking a group of 2nd year engineering students to tackle hardware problems would be almost impossible with this tight timeframe.

For those who have contributed in some way or another, we appreciate it very much!

However, do continue to let the ideas (hardware, software etc...) come in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12