Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: Travel to Hokkaido

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Went past at 7 one morning before flying back to Osaka, quite peaceful and quiet there.
    I'm tempted, but would like to explore other parts of Japan,
    I'm looking at the following:
    - Matsushima
    - Akan National Park
    - Biei
    - Wakkanai
    - Nagasaki
    - Fukuoka
    - Okinawa (primarily Yonaguni & Hateruma)

    2wks. 1wk for Hokkaido & 1wk for Kyushu/Okinawa.
    I'm aiming next spring in 2007. Not the current spring. Sorry, need to powerup my wallet fat-fat first.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    I can wholeheartedly recommend Prime Travel. Just went on a 9-day trip to Hokkaido with them in December. The food and accommodations were first class, and each of us paid only about 2.5K (booked during Natas travel fair). Skiing at Furano, ryokan stays, fantastic onsen and even a trip on the Cassiopea. Fantastic value.

    Here's a typical meal:

    Woot... the tray of food reminds me of my shock when I popped there on my 2nd trip with my friend.

    She brought in 2 trays, 1 each and I was shocked. In the end, instead of growing thinner, I grew fatter. And I thought soaking longer in the onsen would make me thinner.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  3. #43
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I'm looking at the following:
    - Matsushima
    - Akan National Park
    - Biei
    - Wakkanai
    - Nagasaki
    - Fukuoka
    - Okinawa (primarily Yonaguni & Hateruma)

    2wks. 1wk for Hokkaido & 1wk for Kyushu/Okinawa.
    I'm aiming next spring in 2007. Not the current spring. Sorry, need to powerup my wallet fat-fat first.
    Ah... I was thinking of dropping by Tokyo this year end

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Year end. Tokyo Motorshow? Just skipped the Auto Salon this past weekend. Waiting for the Osaka Auto Messe

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Aww~~~ shucks. Prolly my wallet only power up 75% only.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  6. #46
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Year end. Tokyo Motorshow? Just skipped the Auto Salon this past weekend. Waiting for the Osaka Auto Messe
    This time I go, if i refuse your loan of the 80-200 again, knock me on the head with it.

  7. #47
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Aww~~~ shucks. Prolly my wallet only power up 75% only.
    Wah... but go with you not fun... cannot share glasses

    j/k

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    This time I go, if i refuse your loan of the 80-200 again, knock me on the head with it.
    You bring your VR, I need my 80-200 for this event.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wah... but go with you not fun... cannot share glasses

    j/k
    Ok lah juz for u, I sell off my baby get a D70s. I dun ask for much. Juz lend me ur 17-35 f/2.8 I damn happy liaoz.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Simei, Punggol Central
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Got a qns I got a friend wanted to go Hokkaido for their snowy wedding photo shot. Which month is recommended?

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    anytime from Dec to Feb

  12. #52
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Ok lah juz for u, I sell off my baby get a D70s. I dun ask for much. Juz lend me ur 17-35 f/2.8 I damn happy liaoz.
    I only have CoolPix S4, don't have 17-35 I don't even have D70S like you

  13. #53
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr
    Got a qns I got a friend wanted to go Hokkaido for their snowy wedding photo shot. Which month is recommended?
    Nov-Dec would be nice. Nov will still see some mixture of greenary/blue skies and mild snow. Dec would be snowing already.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    i second that, while i was there last year at sapporo, chanced upon a misplaced rayban sunglasses and was pretty sure that it's been there for some while...
    yes is in their culture,their blood that they don't adopt the "finders keepers" sentence.
    which means they don't anyhow pick up things from the ground.
    so is likely they leave it there for the owner to find.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 19th January 2006 at 11:11 AM.

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yep.. I stayed in Hokkaido for 5 nights, so the rail pass was very useful, only issue is the timings of the train often makes me rush for the train like mad. I'm often seen running with a RoverPlus + tripod bag at 8 in the morning
    don't worry you're not the only one running,the japanese are also rushing for the trains most of the time.
    when some trains only come 1 hour later if you miss the current train.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I only have CoolPix S4, don't have 17-35 I don't even have D70S like you
    Wahhh~~~ So rich leh. S4 Coolpix... very pro.

    I want to buy my telephoto $300 nia oso have to think 10 times whether got use or not, u think oso no nit to think jit tao S4 Coolpix liaoz.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  17. #57
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Wahhh~~~ So rich leh. S4 Coolpix... very pro.

    I want to buy my telephoto $300 nia oso have to think 10 times whether got use or not, u think oso no nit to think jit tao S4 Coolpix liaoz.
    My sister's one.. it's not even mine

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Sigh... So bad ah? U use wad? Disposable film pocket camera?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  19. #59
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Sigh... So bad ah? U use wad? Disposable film pocket camera?
    I use drawing block + pen/pencil

  20. #60

    Default Re: Travel to Hokkaido

    Went to Prime's website and checked out their tours. Prices look reasonable. However, still contemplating whether to do tours or F&E. Thinking of also stopping over at Tokyo for a couple more days to visit some friends.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •