Thread: Any good place to buy camera equipment in TAIPEI?

Talking Any good place to buy camera equipment in TAIPEI?

As above. Going there in Dec.
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

Nope. Their import tax is quite high compared to Singapore. So end up, their equipments are more expensive.
    This is esp true for electronics, so if you're thinking of digital, then no need to think.

Originally posted by Shadus
    Nope. Their import tax is quite high compared to Singapore. So end up, their equipments are more expensive.
    This is esp true for electronics, so if you're thinking of digital, then no need to think.
    They do have some stuff like locally made custom lens or adaptors which would be cheaper than to buy over internet. Think they also have quite a big grey market which may be good for stuff where warranty doesn't matter much. Can long bang or not?

try to ask in dcview.com.tw, u will get more answer.

btw, can "tongbang" buy something? not like s'pore only selling vitacon, there are kenko, raynox etc selling there, and adapter tube for 602 branded "shan ge" which won't give u vignetting used together with Raynox DCR-6600....

the thing i want to tongbang is raynox dcr-6600...

yah.. and once i went into their biggest electronic mart.. i canx even find a canon camera

JaDe
    Guests

I went there for ten day last week...well nothin much cheaper in electronic stuff compared to SG...
    i Didn't see any cameras sold ANYWHERE>..pathetic...
    And i do wonder if their warranty works in Singapore..
    DO becareful and enjoy your trip...
    Their Mango-Ice n fried chicken (Xiang Ji Pai)'s real nice...n oso try KFC's egg tart....

Man.. and I thought I can get some good cam stuff there.... will be going there in Dec too ^.^

Hi Tweakmax,

There is a street similar to Peninsula here where there are several camera shops around. Prices aren't much cheaper than here. But if you are looking for accessories that are hard to find here, you probably can find there. Can't remember the name of the street, its located between ximen ting and taipei station. If you still can't find it , ask a pretty girl for direction lah.

Originally posted by Lemon
    Hi Tweakmax,

There is a street similar to Peninsula here where there are several camera shops around. Prices aren't much cheaper than here. But if you are looking for accessories that are hard to find here, you probably can find there. Can't remember the name of the street, its located between ximen ting and taipei station. If you still can't find it , ask a pretty girl for direction lah.
    Thank you!
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

JaDe
    Guests

Eh i tink there's quite a dist. from si men ting n taipei station lehz...

I took a cab there, and it took me about 5 minutes to walk from there to ximen ting station on the way back. Sorry can't offer more info as I have a poor memory. For those who wants to get Kodak EIR infra red film, its available there and cost about S$ 26/ roll. Wished I had bought more, but exceeded my credit limit on shopping. Will be going again next year, this time die die also must buy at least 50 rolls. Take a cab from ximen ting or taipei station to get there, doesn't cost more than S$10, but it will surely get you there.