Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

  1. #61

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    Maybe he should ask NKF to Help So is the $1 thingy still going on?

  2. #62

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123

    recently happen to me that i always pay my bills through vpost. last month vpost to me tht i have insufficent amount in my account. i went to dbs bank update my account but amount was deducted and not reflected in my bank book. i call my singtel,starhub to see when was my lasest payment .they told me that i have clear my bill.

    i was wondering what DBS BANK HAVE BEEN doing.

  3. #63

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by chuanwee_yeo
    recently happen to me that i always pay my bills through vpost. last month vpost to me tht i have insufficent amount in my account. i went to dbs bank update my account but amount was deducted and not reflected in my bank book. i call my singtel,starhub to see when was my lasest payment .they told me that i have clear my bill.

    i was wondering what DBS BANK HAVE BEEN doing.
    They are all link and they will deduct whatever in your bank if you fail to pay almost any bill be it Singtel, PUB etc.... Although so call private operated, but still can access to your bank account. I wonder what kind of confidentiality does the bank have?


    Bank is only good for the rich (it will make them richer) and if you are just an average salary earner, don't ever borrow any cent from the bank especially credit cards or credit line.

    He who deducts the money from the army wouldn't make him any richer infact it makes the army guy poorer. This is one of the example of showing compassion to the people whereby the big boys don't lead, how can we follow....

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobman
    They are all link and they will deduct whatever in your bank if you fail to pay almost any bill be it Singtel, PUB etc.... Although so call private operated, but still can access to your bank account. I wonder what kind of confidentiality does the bank have?

    what are you talking about. no one can take any money from your bank account unless there has been a previous GIRO deduction authorisation. So if you don't want your money to disappear for no reason, don't use GIRO.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobman
    … and if you are just an average salary earner, don't ever borrow any cent from the bank especially credit cards or credit line.

    yes, this is just sound financial discipline. unfortunately something many people cannot managed to observe.
    Last edited by hwchoy; 15th January 2006 at 03:58 PM.

  5. #65

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    what are you talking about. no one can take any money from your bank account unless there has been a previous GIRO deduction authorisation. So if you don't want your money to disappear for no reason, don't use GIRO.
    I am talking through experience. Just to make it simple. A company runs by 2 directors and the some bills were not paid for 2 months and suddenly money was deducted from the 2 directors account. Don't believe, nevermind.
    Last edited by Bobman; 15th January 2006 at 05:07 PM.

  6. #66

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    i remember a many yrs ago..there was a point in time when i had $2.56 in my bank account. lol
    haha my lowest point was $1.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobman
    I am talking through experience. Just to make it simple. A company runs by 2 directors and the some bills were not paid for 2 months and suddenly money was deducted from the 2 directors account. Don't believe, nevermind.

    of course not. and they did nothing?

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    Sorry for the OT. And nothing related to the above problem(s). I just wondering does our monthly PUB bills cost is reasonable enough to be deducted from GIRO? Cos I always wonder is PUB giving us the right details as we pay every month? Don't flame me & pardon my ignorance.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 17th January 2006 at 12:53 AM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Sorry for the OT. And nothing related to the above problem(s). I just wondering does our monthly PUB bills cost is reasonable enough to deduct from GIRO? Cos I always wonder is PUB giving us the right details as we pay every month? Don't flame me & pardon my ignorance.
    I have the same issue, they go by estimation per month adn doubt thier accuracy.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I have the same issue, they go by estimation per month adn doubt thier accuracy.
    they have ppl to check the meter... and they will take the previous month's meter minus this month's den use the amount multiply by the cost for that month...

    so if they can't check *meter inside* like my factory here... then they will slip a note to tell us to fill up & send to them... so if we din send in tis month, we will think... eh sibeh cheap leh... govt giving us incentive issit? den next mth they check... then u will cry liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Closed my DBS / POSB accounts long back.

    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    When i was working in a bank, each cheque that came thru to be cashed in was manually checked by my manager (for signatures difference) and several other colleagues for other misc stuff (date, amt etc). so someone might have missed the signature difference. -shrugs-
    True, but that's the point. The signature is the critical piece here. It MUST be checked for authenticity, specially when the amount is not small (this was about $2K if I remember correct). Otherwise anyone who steals a leaf out of my cheque book can scribble any signature and there's great chance that it will be honoured.
    It's not so much the technicalities, but their attitude which drove me away. Another incident to relate. When my ATM card got spoilt after years of use, I called the bank, and they asked me to come over and get it replaced. I take time off from work and go to the bank, and they say the machine is spoilt. When I ask when it'll be available, they ask me to call again after a day or so. Huh? Ridiculous.
    Anyway we're digressing here, back to the original thread....

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Closed my DBS / POSB accounts long back.

    you should have kick up a fuss and show the cheque to MAS. that would get them a royal grilling.

  13. #73

    Smile Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    my house - estimated reading a month followed by actual reading next month, with adjustment.

    you could record your usage/s yourself. actually, they encourage it. then, compare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I have the same issue, they go by estimation per month adn doubt thier accuracy.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    my company's SP bills is recorded directly by SP through a telephone line. (on line monitoring) Amount per month is ard SGD1.7 million.

    Back to original case. I think the issue here is not on sympathy. As every organisation need to accounts for every cents. I this case, DBS have the rights IMO to recover back what is owed to them. There was a saying that the Banks are the legal "load Shark".

    Pity the NSguy. but when I look back, I have also at a stage of my life without a cent. Not everyone is born rich and not every rich man remains rich and vice versa. Is the $1 per CSer still on for this poor guy?

  15. #75

    Smile Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    the right of setoff is usually reserved by the bank. so, if one account is in deficit while another is in surplus position, the bank will do the necessary.

  16. #76
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    in singapore if u cant have peanuts, u only can eat dust..
    sigh.

  17. #77

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobman
    I am talking through experience. Just to make it simple. A company runs by 2 directors and the some bills were not paid for 2 months and suddenly money was deducted from the 2 directors account. Don't believe, nevermind.
    dun believe ley.

    director and the company is separate entity.
    even if they wanna deduct, they oso can't deduct the director's personal bank account's money...

    if like that mix up.. wad for incorporate as pte ltd... no longer limited liaoz then.
    Last edited by alankuik; 17th January 2006 at 12:57 AM.

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: DBS Bank problem

    Quote Originally Posted by alankuik
    dun believe ley.

    director and the company is separate entity.
    even if they wanna deduct, they oso can't deduct the director's personal bank account's money...

    if like that mix up.. wad for incorporate as pte ltd... no longer limited liaoz then.
    maybe its sole proprietor... or they gurantor for it?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    the right of setoff is usually reserved by the bank. so, if one account is in deficit while another is in surplus position, the bank will do the necessary.

    yes that's right. some some are allegating that banks deduct on other corporate's behalf (such as PUB, etc) which is not the bank's account.

  20. #80

    Default Re: DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

    poohbear you still around? Would really like to help this poor guy a little.

    Did a little speed reading across the thread. Felt a little upset having seen some of the comments made. There are always lows and highs in our life. I worked myself through poly as well and am still working to pay my university bills back to my parents. I was lucky that I managed to pull through poly and trust me, it ain't easy. Not everyone is a genius.

    At one time, I really thought I was better off dead. I know buisiness is buisiness but there ought to be concessions given to situations like these especially with Chinese New Year nearing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •