Thread: do you guys service you cameras?

Default do you guys service you cameras?

Hi People,

I am wondering if your warranty is running out, will you send in your DSLR for servicing checkup even though nothing is wrong? Maybe clean out the autofocus sensor, and the dust collector, etc. How does olympus singapore treat this? will they entertain you?

Default Re: do you guys service you cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Hi People,

I am wondering if your warranty is running out, will you send in your DSLR for servicing checkup even though nothing is wrong? Maybe clean out the autofocus sensor, and the dust collector, etc. How does olympus singapore treat this? will they entertain you?

Well, I sent my E300 to remove the dust from the VF. Even requested to change the 'sticky tape'. There is nothing wrong with my dual kit lens but i sent them in as well to be serviced. No charges.

Not sure about if the guys there will change the shutter for free.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Hi People,

of course they will entertain u.....i also sent my cam body and lenses for servicing
    when my warranty expiry date is approaching....not only they serviced the items i
    sent, one of the service technician/engineer even called me and told me whats the
    condition of my items and what he has done to them....to me, this is what i call,
    good customer service

just send lor... dats wat i did... they'll clean it up n change anythin if needed.