Thread: Formatting CD-R to read on Apple

Default Formatting CD-R to read on Apple

Hi guys,

Recently I formatted my CD-R with my PC and burn in a few JPEG but it couldn't be read on the Apple computer. Can anyone enlighten me how I can format it to read on apple PC?

Thks in advance..

Default Re: Formatting CD-R to read on Apple

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD
    Hi guys,

Recently I formatted my CD-R with my PC and burn in a few JPEG but it couldn't be read on the Apple computer. Can anyone enlighten me how I can format it to read on apple PC?

Thks in advance..
    what software did you use? and how did you burn it? it might not work if you use packet writing. also did you finalize the session?

I used Roxio to format the CD, copied in all the JPEG and finalised it. Any software that can be used to format the cd to resd on apple?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD
    I used Roxio to format the CD, copied in all the JPEG and finalised it. Any software that can be used to format the cd to resd on apple?
    if you formatted the cd-r then it sounds like you used packet writing. thats probably the reason. try creating a new cd, then drag your jpegs into the window. once you are done click burn cd or write cd.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    if you formatted the cd-r then it sounds like you used packet writing. thats probably the reason. try creating a new cd, then drag your jpegs into the window. once you are done click burn cd or write cd.
    How do I create a new cd? Using Roxio's data creation?

i'm using a mac so i'm not sure what options you have available to you. best to check your roxio manual. there should be an option to create a data cd or something.

Thanks mate, your help is much appreciated..

you managed to get it done?

Ya, did what you told me by creating a new data project in Roxio, able to be read on Mac now...