Thread: Flatbed Scanners vs Dedicated Scanners

Default Flatbed Scanners vs Dedicated Scanners

I noticed that there are alot of 2400dpi flatbed scanners capable of scanning negs/slides available in the market. Now their prices are more than 50% of their dedicated counterparts which only does 2700dpi.

My question, how much difference are looking at, in terms of quality, speed and convienience?? Is it really worth getting a dedicated??

Thanks to all the scanner pros!!

Depends on your needs.. f you see yourself scanning more slide/neg. Buy a dedicated canner.. If you see yourself scanning more doucment, with a few slide occsionally. buy a flat bad...

As flatbed is made to scan document, it "focus" of the ccd is right on the glass panel.. With a slide mount, the scanner might find some problem getting a sharp pic...

That what i think as i have gone thru the same dileman.. I choose a flatbed due to it's cost and versitability.

Thanks binbeto... Cost is really a very big issue on my part considering that the cheapest dedicated is 799 with ICE.... Guess I will follow your path on a 300+ flatbed and save up for a DSLR!!

Binbeto, could you do me a favour by letting me know the make and model of the scanner that you have and also let me have some neg scans at full res??.. Thanks!!

Digging old thread :P

Just wondering. Have flatbeds closed up the gap in terms on quality with dedicated 35mm scanners?

Perhaps you'd like to read this article? I'd sure love to own this baby.

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...870/page_1.htm

HTHs!

Alvin