Thread: Seagate 160GB External Drive (User Error)

Default Seagate 160GB External Drive (User Error)

Hey, i have been a bit of an idiot i think, i have the above seagate drive, works like magic, one day i wanted to move some photos from my PC to my Mac, the box said PC and Mac compatible, so i just plugged into my mac, message came up, not recognised, so i unplugged and tried again, got the same message, so i thought oh well nevermind, went back to my PC and plugged it in and message came up saying, this drive needs to be fromatted, if you format you will lose all data!!!! So now i cannot use it, luckily most of the pics and stuff are backed up except one folder which contains about 3.5GB of model shots(all from same shoot luckily), been calling seagate helpline for over 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! No answer from them ever!!!! So anyone now if can recover the data before doing the format? and if so could i do it, or would need to send back for a special repair/service?

Thanks In Advance

Default Re: Seagate 160GB External Drive (User Error)

Anyone have any suggestions?, open to all ideas

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Anyone have any suggestions?, open to all ideas

YOu might need a program like Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional. It has alot of good features to help you to retrieve back or reapir data in numerous storage devices. I added this short summary on what this software can do. They do have a free download to let you see if it can recover the data for you before you buy it.

I have a naggy feeling that when you plug that HDD into the mac, the system not just attempt to access it but added some disk management to it but when you put it back into the PC, XP no long can find or access it. Anyway, hope this helps in some way.

EasyRecovery™ Professional data recovery software is the complete solution for your data recovery, file repair and disk diagnostic needs. EasyRecovery Professional incorporates all the features and benefits of EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery, EasyRecovery EmailRepair™ and EasyRecovery FileRepair™ into one simple product, plus adds superior disk diagnostics including Data Advisor® and advanced data recovery capabilities and options.
    EasyRecovery Professional can recover all file types, plus it has added viewing capabilities to allow you to preview recovered files. For the most severe recovery situations, EasyRecovery Professional contains added raw recovery support for over 290 specific file types including document files, MIDI music files, voice files, digital media files, and more! Plus, you can utilize the Emergency Boot Media to recover data from systems that cannot boot to Windows.

The most advanced data recovery, file repair, and disk diagnostic capabilities available.
    EasyRecovery™ Professional includes: All the features and benefits of EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery and the added repair capabilities of EasyRecovery FileRepair™ and EasyRecovery EmailRepair™.
    Superior disk diagnostic tools including Ontrack Data Advisor®.
    Improved file type searching capabilities.
    EasyRecovery Professional recovers all file types, plus includes added raw recovery capabilities for over 290 specific file types including document files, MIDI music files, voice files, digital media files, and more!
    Added viewing capabilities support providing a view identical to the display of the file in its native application.

Media Types
    IDE/ATA/EIDE/SATA/SCSI hard drives
    Jaz/Zip removable media
    Floppy Diskettes
    External Media Devices (USB/FireWire drive, USB portable)
    Digital Media (CompactFlash, SmartMedia, flash memory, memory sticks)

Operating Systems
    Windows® 98SE & Windows Me
    Windows® 2000, Windows NT® & Windows XP

File Repair capabilities for:
    Microsoft Outlook 97, 2000, XP and 2003 (PST & OST)
    Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0, 5.01, 5.5 and v6.0 (DBX)
    Microsoft® Word (DOC)
    Microsoft® Excel (XLS)
    Microsoft® Access Database (MDB)
    Microsoft® PowerPoint® (PPT)
    Zip archive files (ZIP)

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    YOu might need a program like Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional. It has alot of good features to help you to retrieve back or reapir data in numerous storage devices. I added this short summary on what this software can do. They do have a free download to let you see if it can recover the data for you before you buy it.

I have a naggy feeling that when you plug that HDD into the mac, the system not just attempt to access it but added some disk management to it but when you put it back into the PC, XP no long can find or access it. Anyway, hope this helps in some way.

EasyRecovery™ Professional data recovery software is the complete solution for your data recovery, file repair and disk diagnostic needs. EasyRecovery Professional incorporates all the features and benefits of EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery, EasyRecovery EmailRepair™ and EasyRecovery FileRepair™ into one simple product, plus adds superior disk diagnostics including Data Advisor® and advanced data recovery capabilities and options.
    EasyRecovery Professional can recover all file types, plus it has added viewing capabilities to allow you to preview recovered files. For the most severe recovery situations, EasyRecovery Professional contains added raw recovery support for over 290 specific file types including document files, MIDI music files, voice files, digital media files, and more! Plus, you can utilize the Emergency Boot Media to recover data from systems that cannot boot to Windows.

The most advanced data recovery, file repair, and disk diagnostic capabilities available.
    EasyRecovery™ Professional includes: All the features and benefits of EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery and the added repair capabilities of EasyRecovery FileRepair™ and EasyRecovery EmailRepair™.
    Superior disk diagnostic tools including Ontrack Data Advisor®.
    Improved file type searching capabilities.
    EasyRecovery Professional recovers all file types, plus includes added raw recovery capabilities for over 290 specific file types including document files, MIDI music files, voice files, digital media files, and more!
    Added viewing capabilities support providing a view identical to the display of the file in its native application.

Media Types
    IDE/ATA/EIDE/SATA/SCSI hard drives
    Jaz/Zip removable media
    Floppy Diskettes
    External Media Devices (USB/FireWire drive, USB portable)
    Digital Media (CompactFlash, SmartMedia, flash memory, memory sticks)

Operating Systems
    Windows® 98SE & Windows Me
    Windows® 2000, Windows NT® & Windows XP

File Repair capabilities for:
    Microsoft Outlook 97, 2000, XP and 2003 (PST & OST)
    Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0, 5.01, 5.5 and v6.0 (DBX)
    Microsoft® Word (DOC)
    Microsoft® Excel (XLS)
    Microsoft® Access Database (MDB)
    Microsoft® PowerPoint® (PPT)
    Zip archive files (ZIP)
    Thank You so much, Iam downloading now to see if i can view the files, and if i can will download the pay version.

It seems to be finding all my files on the HDD so thats a good start, but just looked at the prices to download and so expensive!!!, like 200 USD for the one i would need