Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How old are you and how long have you been doing digital photography?

Just turned 21... been doing simple photography for several years now, started out with a lousy Fujifilm MX1500...

Basically my photography are for design purposes (I'm an architecture student/ used to be art student/ have many projects from ECAs) so got started mainly coz it's cheaper to go digital when you wanna take so many shots of the same thing...

Got my S602 as a birthday present and still experimenting with it... will put it (and me) to the test after my exams..

Problems for me now are basically financial, don't have enough money to buy good gear for my camera.. but I guess it's not so much the gear but rather the the person behind the viewfinder...

See how it goes...

WELCOME ABOARD !!!
    i was 29 before
    photographic experience ?????
    just bought my camera last week...very green

Originally posted by Fundee
    WELCOME ABOARD !!!
    i was 29 before
    photographic experience ?????
    just bought my camera last week...very green
    Your 10th camera?

Originally posted by togu

Your 10th camera?
    heheheheh...
    i oso dunno, i never count

i'm somehow new too....
    i'm 18 this year... started photography also this year, still have many things to learn... why i started you might ask is because when i got my first A100, i shot and shot and shot like nobody's buisness... then i realise hey i fell in love with photography

then with my 18yr old lmited budget i get myself a C-4000z
    has been shooting till now....

hi........

me a 23yr old...a design student @ nyp...currently workin on attachment @ icus...*hey, anyone from there?* so now only got weekends to shoot for 3mths...started photography when i got my d5 and mebbe will upgrade when i graduate next yr. *i hope* still learning too.

fundee, wah...got new camera....best ah.

aiya.. i from TP leh

heloo everyone!

wahh..so many 29 yr old...the '9' invert it and i am 26 year old
    started photography 10 years ago..touched my camera (den a Nikon FE) say for about a few times...then the fire came back this year and I bought a Canon A40 to play around.. hope to learn from all clubsnap-er

keep the fire alive, shoot more!

Hehe.... Please, feel not old when you stand beside me. It's the mind which matters, not the body.

I'm 17. Picked photography up at school accidentally, when my friend from Year 2 dragged me to join the school's photography club. Got stuck on it after a talk (!!!) about the basics of taking a good picture. Before that, I was just taking casual pictures, you know, the normal common group-friend shots. (Even sorta dropped my passion of 5 years, Drama, for it.) I think I have been taking pictures inside and outside of school for about 10 months now.

Won't say I'm good. That would be rubbish. And I can safely say that I am a definate newbie. My best pictures look amateurish beside my teacher's. You should see his. *sniff*

Wah... all the self-intro...

hee hee.... 29 in about 6 years time... picked up photography in church's photography club (died liao) when in Sec 4.. played around with EOS500 and 500N from then...

still a super amatuer..

Working as??.. hmm... if you know I would just have to kill you ^.^

Just a Regular in the ARMY...

going to be 22 year on the coming 15th

Picked up photography in 1997 with Yashica FX-3. Long break for 3 years when in SAF for NS. Restarted photography in 2001 with an EOS 300 when I joined PVS (Photo-Videographic Society) of NTU. Upgraded in 2002 to an EOS 30.

Doing my Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) degree. Currently in 2rd year, hopefully to graduate in two and a half years time.

Me just turned 31! Its downhill from now on...

Started photography long long time ago when I was 13 and really got involved when I got selected to be one of the official school photographers at the age of 14! Been playing around with it ever since... manual SLR that is.

Had started playing with digital only over the past 3 years mainly for work using various digital p&s but moved onto the D1H start of the year. Makes life a bit simpler now with not need to do film development or wait for urgent pictures for reports!

Let's see.. i'm 23 and i've only picked up photography since May this year. So i'm pretty much a newbie myself.

Started off with an Olympus C700UZ and now trying to fully utilize my Fuji S602Z and i do handle a Nikon F50 on occasions...

Let's share and exchange pointers and help each other grow as photographers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Let's share and exchange pointers and help each other grow as photographers.
    I soooo agree... I'm still learning for everyone, everywhere!

29 seems to be the magic number here. I WAS 29....6 years ago.

Started geting interested in photography during secondary school days. Got my first camera, a Konica P&S, as a present from my dad when I was 17, took over his Minolta X700 3 years later, and then finally bought my own 2nd hand FE2 and a Nikkor 35-105 when I was in the university.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Originally posted by Poledra
    Hehe.... Please, feel not old when you stand beside me. It's the mind which matters, not the body.

* togu looks into his mirror, started counting his wrinkles...
    That's a lie!!

i still got 7 years to become 29... picked up photography roughly 2 months ago when i accidentally bought sony digital cam. after that already dive into this deep but fun hole...

along the way had learnt lots from CS, thanks mpenza, wolfgang, darkness, megaweb (his amazing shots), azone etc etc who helped me b4!

Hi.

Me 28, turning 29 next year (isn't it obvious???)

Started photography sometime last year July, after returning from my New Zealand trip with lots of badly taken photos. Put all the blame on the compact camera that i used. But now i think it was the photographer at fault, not the equipment. Especially so after returning from my Australia trip last few weeks with the same compact camera, but produces better result. . Now i also own a Nikon F65 and don't have much lenses. Don't have a digital camera yet, but hoping to own a DSLR in the future.

Hi, Welcome to Clubsnap !

I am 28 going on 29 next year.

Started photography as a hobby about 10 years ago using my father's old Minolta Hi-Matic 7 rangefinder. Got my first SLR ( Ricoh KR-10M ) in 1995. The same year I went to Uni. of Portsmouth in England to further studies.

Took a 4 year break from 1997-2001 as persuing other interest. Then a few months back in July, got my first digicam (Canon A40). Made me miss photography, so got myself a new set of SLR gear and lens. Still learning new stuff everyday especially from Clubsnap.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

fwah! so many 29s here?!?! Me also 29 lah, looks like 1973 had a bumper crop

Been taking pictures for 18 years since 11 when my uncle handed me his FE (which I promtply dropped, cracking the shutter-timer knob) .

Welcome, welcome...

andrew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast