To all the IT experts & gurus, I would appreciate that you can provide me some help with regards to this problem that I am facing.
Firstly, I am not able to boot my notebook. The error message is that some system files are missing.
What are steps that I had taken so far.
1) Remove the notebook hard disk
2) Insert it into a external HDD drive
3) Connect the external HDD drive to another notebook via USB cable
4) From the other notebook, access to my C drive and copied those files that I wanted.
5) I didn't touch my the other local partition drive which is D because I am not going to reformat it.
6) Put back my hard disk back to the original notebook.
7) Reinstall WIN XP and reformatted C drive.
8) After that, I can still access my C drive.
Problem now is - I can't access my D drive. It has denied my access even though it showed that the local drive exists from My Computer.
How can I access the D drive so that I can retrieve my files?
Hope some IT gurus can advise me. Many thanks.