Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 150

Thread: who here r students?

  1. #41

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Started in 2003 with Olympus C5050... went to london... loved travel photography and then finally bought a D70 2005 apr... (initial kit sponsored by mum)

    THeb got the BBB virus so bought
    50mm F1.8... then a Tokina 12-24 and finally a nikkor 80-200 AFS
    oops... forgot about SB-800
    Recently bought a F90x with Sigma 28-70 F2.8 and SB-26

    So i reckon 2 systems... at least 6-7k

    Yups... that's my little story... cheers

  2. #42

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatch
    13
    Hougang Sec
    $1550++
    350d + other stuff...Going to get more soon
    woah at 13, I could afford my own lunch

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    woah at 13, I could afford my own lunch
    last time i primary sch i only get 60c/day to eat fishball noodles

  4. #44

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    last time i primary sch i only get 60c/day to eat fishball noodles
    my canteen fishball noodles think only 30c plus 10c for some bandung-like drink hehehe~

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Highlander
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    woah at 13, I could afford my own lunch
    My mother buy for me as she won 4d but I also know how to manage my money and save, so I think i can pay back...

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    now all u need r the 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200IS plus a tc1.7 and some flashes

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Wow ... these days students are so rich ..... poor parents .....
    Interested in photography since secondary school. Only given $1 a day. No money to buy camera...
    Save the $1 till now.... finally able to buy a 350D.
    Just start on photography. Student from NYP.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Highlander
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    now all u need r the 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200IS plus a tc1.7 and some flashes
    Cannot afford at the moment,but looking at 70-300mm second hand...is IS needed?

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatch
    Cannot afford at the moment,but looking at 70-300mm second hand...is IS needed?
    nth is needed. IS is nice to hav. im nt sure abt IS but nikon's VR works wonders. i can shoot my 70-200vr@200mm@1/4sec.

    70-300 does nt hav a tripod mt so it'll be kinda unbalanced on a nt-so-steady tripod. 70-200/4 and sigma 70-200/2.8 r good too

  10. #50

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatch
    My mother buy for me as she won 4d but I also know how to manage my money and save, so I think i can pay back...
    that's nice to know. have fun and shoot lotsa pictures~

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Student from NYP.
    i went to SP's openhouse, their photo club got some bigass lenses like 300/2.8. being in a photo club is gd since u'll get to share lenses

  12. #52

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatch
    Cannot afford at the moment,but looking at 70-300mm second hand...is IS needed?
    just shoot with what you have now, dun buy unless u NEED it do you really need the 70-300?

  13. #53

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Wow ... these days students are so rich ..... poor parents .....
    Interested in photography since secondary school. Only given $1 a day. No money to buy camera...
    Save the $1 till now.... finally able to buy a 350D.
    Just start on photography. Student from NYP.
    Me too from NYP~ I heard there is a Open House comming up yeah, may be going back to take a look

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    Me too from NYP~ I heard there is a Open House comming up yeah, may be going back to take a look
    WHEN OPENHOUSE!? bring all ur gear thn i go try ok?

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    just shoot with what you have now, dun buy unless u NEED it do you really need the 70-300?
    every1 need a long lens. mid-range lenses r pretty useless >100ft

  16. #56

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    WHEN OPENHOUSE!? bring all ur gear thn i go try ok?
    huh NYP openhouse I bring my gear for wat

  17. #57

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    ???
    $4000 bought wat?
    300D with kit lens, camera bag (CompuRover AW), SLIK stand, 75-300, battery grip, CPL + UV filter, soon to be added 20D, soon to be added 17-40.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    huh NYP openhouse I bring my gear for wat
    for me to try and for u to hao liao lo

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bt Batok
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    camera bag (CompuRover AW), SLIK stand, 75-300, battery grip, CPL + UV filter
    these r worth $2000?!

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: who here r students?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    huh NYP openhouse I bring my gear for wat
    To show to the rest lah ... when is the open house?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •