Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An open note to all

kit
    come on...chill out abit.....this thread is not meant to target any individual, there's no personal attack here....you see. when the crowd is growing theres so many things happens. its the same in other forums....what i can see here is ...ppl here is really passionate about photography....
    one thing i like to say is....
    LETS COOL DOWN ABIT AND LETS MOVE ON..

might be going to geylang tomollo night and snap ! snap ! snap !

Originally posted by Fundee

might be going to geylang tomollo night and snap ! snap ! snap !

eh togu !!!!
    i'm going to the other part of geylang laa.....not the other one..

Default Re: Re: An open note to all

Originally posted by Goondu

Though, the sentence is not exactly word for word, but I think the actual quote should be:

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail."

The above quote is from Lofti Zedah (though do not know who the heck this person is )

The above quote is found here.

Do I get your drink? Or am I wrong?

Muahahaha.
    Erm, well, that isn't the answer i was looking for actually... Looking for the exact quote from a book .

Here is a hint: It's from a book written by Terry Prachett.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

yah chill guys

Originally posted by Fundee
    eh togu !!!!
    i'm going to the other part of geylang laa.....not the other one..

eh which part?

Originally posted by zhapchit
    yah chill guys

eh which part?
    the bazaar area laa.....makan area

Default Re: Re: Re: An open note to all

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Here is a hint: It's from a book written by Terry Prachett.
    The last book i read by Terry Pratchett was The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. I read some of the discworld series too but somehow can never remember which ones i have already read and which ones i have not. Good Omens was great too. Hopefully it won't be the last collaboration between Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman whose stuff i really like.

Originally posted by YSLee
    Honestly Wolfus, don't bother. It is a lost cause you're fighting here, much like many things in this forum.
    Well, at least he tried.

Photography is a creative field. Creativity is not something as straightforward as computer programming. There are no hard and fast rules, no YES or no. "Only this is better, that could be worse" And having / viewing nice pictures make one feels good and pretty emotional. Pride comes in.

And pride is not easy to put down. How many times flames have been going on between digital/darkroom manipulation, film/Digital cameras, Nikon/Canon? And with the regulars?

Now the regulars are so used to it, I see every now and then I read someone posting asking for guidance whether he should choose Canon or Nikon, and the regulars will start posting "Oh no, here we go again" and the thread will be reduced to personal jokes between the regulars WHICH HAS NO USE TO THE THREAD at all.

You should do a count of how many BUY BUY BUY posts are there. More than a third of all the posts in the entire forum, I believe.

Moreover, some ppl just cannot take criticism on their photos. Then don't post to show off lah.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: An open note to all

Originally posted by Derrick

The last book i read by Terry Pratchett was The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. I read some of the discworld series too but somehow can never remember which ones i have already read and which ones i have not. Good Omens was great too. Hopefully it won't be the last collaboration between Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman whose stuff i really like.
    Well, it's close to midnight and well, the answer is,

"Only You Can Save Mankind" by Terry Prachett.

No one got it right.

Sorry mates. Another time mayhaps.

And yes, like you. i hope Gaiman & Prachett will work together again...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

no wonder!
    I was thinking it sounds familiar like a movie or something...

anyway only some of his books are nice. some are rather uninspired.. I like good omens too!

... she was wary of entering a car with two unknown men, but when she heard Crowley say, "Get in the car, angel" to the other, she knew she was safe.

something like that, but it's funny as HELL..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Hogfather is really nice too, like a thanksgiving book...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Well, after lagging for a few days (as usual.)... I have this much to say...:

Togu: You seem to be a very happy-go-lucky person. Wish I could be more like you...

Good Omens was good. (no pun intended.) Read it quite some time ago.

People have different ways of dealing with things. (like me, I whine my way through. ) This is so because the world would be boring if everyone else is so predictable. Right? ... Right? (Silence.) Good. Everyone agrees with me. (Sorry ah. I'm being lame here.)

Some people like to think through lots of other ways how this thing is done... etc etc... To find the best way it is done. Then because they are so sure that they are right, they tend to insist strongly on their viewpoint. When people do that, they come across as 'being too strong'.

*sigh* I'm being long-winded (+naggy+outta my league) again. Better stop before I put all those who read this to sleep.
    Bottom line is, Try to put yourselves into the shoes of others. If you can't, stuff your feet in. People are so wrapped up with their work etc etc that they rush by, never noticing if they stepped on the feet of others...

Any objections to what I said? You're more than welcome to give suggestions to me on how I should improve my PR skills.

be nice.
    Poledra

Originally posted by Poledra

Togu: You seem to be a very happy-go-lucky person. Wish I could be more like you...

be nice.
    Poledra

IRC is for fun, Photography is for fun, forums are for fun, icq is for fun, enough stress in work, so when off duty.... enjoy yourself!!

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

* togu gives Poledra a beer... click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12