Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: List of reputable camera shops?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southen Sea
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    CP get my vote. Best service! I think this thread is quite important. This will benchmark what a good service is.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    East
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    I always go there visit him one...then sometimes he'll give me gd photography tips! Highly recommended!

    Ya agree.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ong_23
    Ya agree.
    Kudos to David from AP funan!! hehe
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Hi
    Has anyone bought from Bargaincity?
    Would you consider them reputable?

  5. #25

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Happen to click on the ads banner at the bottom of this forum and was relayed into this website http://mobileinc.co.uk/

    The prices are unbelievable, and too good to be true, anyone has any experience in this?! If it is true, there should be no place in Singapore that can match these prices.

    And makes me uneasy to place order. But ordering by VISA, there is always a 30 days to check the prduct out. Right?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by kipling
    Happen to click on the ads banner at the bottom of this forum and was relayed into this website http://mobileinc.co.uk/

    The prices are unbelievable, and too good to be true, anyone has any experience in this?! If it is true, there should be no place in Singapore that can match these prices.

    And makes me uneasy to place order. But ordering by VISA, there is always a 30 days to check the prduct out. Right?
    wow! only SGD 980 for KM7D with kit lens?! the home page also states free international shipping until 26 feb. no idea about warranty and reliability though...
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  7. #27
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy
    wow! only SGD 980 for KM7D with kit lens?! the home page also states free international shipping until 26 feb. no idea about warranty and reliability though...

    I don't know bro... but I always remember one saying........... If it is too good to be true, it is usually not.....

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    yea, better safe than sorry esp with overseas web-based sales. i explored it a bit and payment is only by western union, got to go to singpost to pay. shipment is fm south korea. definitely huge savings but not worth the risk i feel...
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  9. #29
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    I got my Dynax 5D from Aik Seng Photo at Lucky Plaza. Though the guy there is my friend check out the price before buying fro him. So far he has given me good buys which are usually market price or below. I highly recommend his shop.

  10. #30
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    I got my Dynax 5D from Aik Seng Photo at Lucky Plaza. Though the guy there is my friend I usually check out the price before buying from him. So far he has given me good buys which are usually market price or below. I highly recommend his shop.

  11. #31

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    i used to go to cathay until i was recommended TK foto (look for richard), so i tried them out and found thier service to be excellent! They can give you quite a lot of attention coz they usually are not so crowded. Just bought my macro lens there yesterday. Checked the first one they offered and saw some bubbles inside (Which happens) so i asked them to switch it twice and they were really nice abt it. Told me that it is impt that im happy with my buy.

    Called many shops on the price list and found them to be one of the lowest.

    Only problem is that they might not have the stuff you have coz they are quite limited so call them to check if they have wat u want. Also, i hate the carpark...

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bukit Merah
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpion
    TK foto (look for richard), so i tried them out and found thier service to be excellent! They can give you quite a lot of attention coz they usually are not so crowded. Just bought my macro lens there yesterday. Checked the first one they offered and saw some bubbles inside (Which happens) so i asked them to switch it twice and they were really nice abt it. Told me that it is impt that im happy with my buy.

    Only problem is that they might not have the stuff you have coz they are quite limited so call them to check if they have wat u want. Also, i hate the carpark...
    Hey Brother !

    You sure or not ?

    If you go on Saturday after 2PM, it's $1/entry, I really can't find any cheaper parking place than Shaw tower !! The car park may be old, but after 2pm, you can park in the Red/reserved parking lot !!!!! Can't ask for more !

  13. #33

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    haha, my car has a terrible turning arc so these small 2-way traffic CPs really bug the hell of out me! furthermore i usually do shopping during weekdays and that means have to climb all the way to the top (with my terrible turning arc). also not cashcard driven so i had to dig for my wallet to pay the guy :P

    anyway its not THAT bad that im not going back to the shop, maybe next time ill just do as u say and go on SAT afternoon, u SURE can park on red lots horrr...!

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpion
    haha, my car has a terrible turning arc so these small 2-way traffic CPs really bug the hell of out me! furthermore i usually do shopping during weekdays and that means have to climb all the way to the top (with my terrible turning arc). also not cashcard driven so i had to dig for my wallet to pay the guy :P

    anyway its not THAT bad that im not going back to the shop, maybe next time ill just do as u say and go on SAT afternoon, u SURE can park on red lots horrr...!
    take the bus! btw smtan24, no offence to your friend and his shop but i've had nothing but nasty experiences at LP. fact is i don't look local so i often get away with speaking English and listening to every hokkien word these fellas use which they don't think i understand because they think i'm a tourist. sorry, ALL the electronic shops in LP get my

    TK Foto i haven't tried, but judging from the telephone calls answered, these guys are really patient just like the guys at John 3:16 at Funan. only their prices are normally the best.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    kipling and SEXiao, take a look at that mobileinc website. on a hunch i just checked it and yep -- "free international shipping from 1-10 March". looks like one of those "clearance sale" gimmicks. wonder how reputable this place really is... be careful!!
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  16. #36

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    It is too good to be true, they are selling brand new with free international shipping and yet cheaper than used equipment price?!

    They said we need to use Western Union, but though the Western Union is a well known remittance bank, but it doesn't protect buyer in any way, especially when the money is tt over first.

    I emailed them and they reverted that is the only payment mode for Singapore.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by kipling
    It is too good to be true, they are selling brand new with free international shipping and yet cheaper than used equipment price?!

    They said we need to use Western Union, but though the Western Union is a well known remittance bank, but it doesn't protect buyer in any way, especially when the money is tt over first.

    I emailed them and they reverted that is the only payment mode for Singapore.

    i googled "mobileworld scam" and there are quite a few sites/ forums warning about this company. apparently it starte din new zealand but looks like they may have shifted base to the uk, supposedly. but the modus operandi are the same. All CSers BEWARE!!
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Bought my Canon 350D from CP. Good Service & Reasonable price.

  19. #39

    Default Re: List of reputable camera shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppable View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone bought from Bargaincity?
    Would you consider them reputable?
    yes ,
    i bought electrical stuffs fm them .Its original and you will also rcv the free gifts tag along with the suppliers plus the warranty. The owner's name is Adrian.
    DUn worry ,he can be trusted :-)
    Last edited by anneffendi; 22nd December 2008 at 10:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •