Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 162

Thread: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

  1. #41

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    There isn't such a thing as a good shop here. That's my conclusion. If it's not in the price, it's the service quality. It's best to do your homework and if u are not a regular, it's harder. Just be on your guard.

    That's why I love it when I was in US (B&H), London (Jessops) or in Canada. I am a true blue Chinese, a foreigner, but I feel like one of them when I was there. Prices are fixed (and good if u know which ones to go for), service is equal.

    What's with all this nonsense here about getting wrong info for the camera specs, or Oh if u are regular I charge u $10 cheaper, u seem like a greenhorn let me cheat u of that $10, oh u are an ang moh I serve u first (John 3:16) , etc.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    There are always double standard everywhere including CP & AP. Have not try MS yet.
    They are more friendly or helpful to regular since they are more likely to get future sale from them. I think this mentality should be change. There is always a first encounter before the customer become a regular.

    As for e-quote. It's not always you will get a reply...
    These are based on my experience with the shop. Still have not find one that I am more than happy to spend my $$$.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenovo
    They will probably sell the returned used lens to the next unsuspecting guy as brand new. I don't quite like the ethics. But then if it is ok for some people to enjoy the free use of lens, what can we do?
    I don't mind shops that loan out to their regular but when they sell the return equipment, it should not be sell as new. Look like another shop that I should avoid.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by photo
    It only lets me be assured that even if I return the glass I don't like (generalisation of any shop that does this), exchange for another 'new' glass, that 'new' glass probably has been used by others or exchanged before.

    What goes round comes around.

    Shame on shops that practices such practice.

    If they don't allow an exchange, that's bad service and unfair to customers.

    If they allow an exchange, they are accused of re-cycling the returned items.

    I'm not associated with any camera shop, but on that kind of reasoning the shops can never please anyone!

  4. #44

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by photo
    I won't be surprised if some of the replies in here are from the people who've gotten some hidden benefits unknown to make good comments, remarks about the shops that mostly get complained here. Or even replies from the shops themselves trying to push themselves up.

    Just because the threadstarter is the only one that has voiced out, doesn't mean there aren't others. Don't be too quick to strike him down and discredit his unpleasant experience.

    There are many rape, robbery, theft cases in a XXX country too, but not all of them are reported, that doesn't meant XXX is having a low crime rate.

    Cheers!
    Photo,

    AGree with you. I only get my stuff from CP & MS now. XXX country? ha ha that sounds like the XXX country i'm living in now..

  5. #45

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by photo
    Just because the threadstarter is the only one that has voiced out, doesn't mean there aren't others. Don't be too quick to strike him down and discredit his unpleasant experience.

    There are many rape, robbery, theft cases in a XXX country too, but not all of them are reported, that doesn't meant XXX is having a low crime rate.

    Cheers!
    I think you should understand that I did not strike down the thread-starter. Please do not accuse me of something I did not do.

    I sympathise with his experience. And I do not doubt that. But in any dispute, do you not think it is also good to hear the other side of the story?

    What I and others had pointed out was that contrary to the threadstarter's experience, many had good experience with Lords.

    How do one react to a situation with ONE bad experience and MANY good experiences? Do you ignore ALL the good experiences?

    But if there are many bad experiences, please let us know.

    Otherwise a level headed approach should be the order instead of reacting from the "gut".

  6. #46

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by chewed
    Photo,

    AGree with you. I only get my stuff from CP & MS now. XXX country? ha ha that sounds like the XXX country i'm living in now..

    You agree? Wow!

  7. #47

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    I think the whole idea of airing your dissatisfaction in forums is to warn others of the possibility of being in the same bad situation. It's just so frustrating to be cheated or encounter bad service... I can empathize with the thread starter. U just want to let out some steam.

    Of course there are good and bad experiences in everything. Always 2 sides to a coin. But think of it this way, so what if there are 100 good experiences and 1 bad one? I think it's better to listen to the 1 bad one first than the others.

    A person may be a scholar, done many good deeds in the past, just 1 wrong offence.. sorry it's punishment still. (Unless of cos u are in some ridiculous place with silly laws where money talks and u can use $ to settle committed rapes, child abuses, etc.)

    No matter how great a shop here is, it's still worthy to hear from the few who experience something unpleasant there. If any shop were that good or wants to live up to its good reputation, bad experiences should not have existed in the first place.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by David
    I think the whole idea of airing your dissatisfaction in forums is to warn others of the possibility of being in the same bad situation. It's just so frustrating to be cheated or encounter bad service... I can empathize with the thread starter. U just want to let out some steam.

    Of course there are good and bad experiences in everything. Always 2 sides to a coin. But think of it this way, so what if there are 100 good experiences and 1 bad one? I think it's better to listen to the 1 bad one first than the others.

    A person may be a scholar, done many good deeds in the past, just 1 wrong offence.. sorry it's punishment still. (Unless of cos u are in some ridiculous place with silly laws where money talks and u can use $ to settle committed rapes, child abuses, etc.)

    No matter how great a shop here is, it's still worthy to hear from the few who experience something unpleasant there. If any shop were that good or wants to live up to its good reputation, bad experiences should not have existed in the first place.

    Agree with you. No matter how many good experience people have with a shop, all it take is 1 bad experience and the shop reputation will take a beating.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    called another shop in lucky plaza one day to enquire cost of a camera, know what they guy said? 'sorry, can't reveal price over the phone, you'll have to come down and i'll quote u'... its like WTF!!!! how can they expect someone to go down w/o any idea of the price?? its like OMG......i cldn't believe my ears..hahahaha

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Banned them forever, even if other ppl say otherwise...

    Nowadays the customer service in Singapore really f*dup... Anyway they are not the only shop that sells the thing u want.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by David
    I think the whole idea of airing your dissatisfaction in forums is to warn others of the possibility of being in the same bad situation. It's just so frustrating to be cheated or encounter bad service... I can empathize with the thread starter. U just want to let out some steam.

    Of course there are good and bad experiences in everything. Always 2 sides to a coin. But think of it this way, so what if there are 100 good experiences and 1 bad one? I think it's better to listen to the 1 bad one first than the others.

    A person may be a scholar, done many good deeds in the past, just 1 wrong offence.. sorry it's punishment still. (Unless of cos u are in some ridiculous place with silly laws where money talks and u can use $ to settle committed rapes, child abuses, etc.)

    No matter how great a shop here is, it's still worthy to hear from the few who experience something unpleasant there. If any shop were that good or wants to live up to its good reputation, bad experiences should not have existed in the first place.
    It is ALWAYS worthy to listen to both sides of the story, good and bad.

    But faced with a 100:1 situation, I will chose the 100, because the chance of getting a good service is 100 times more than a bad service.

    The scenario of an "offence" is totally inappropriate here. Bad service is not a criminal offence. Bad service is not punishable under the law.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Haha it does happen and not only at lucky plaza but when you are there the quote is 150% of list price.

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    called another shop in lucky plaza one day to enquire cost of a camera, know what they guy said? 'sorry, can't reveal price over the phone, you'll have to come down and i'll quote u'... its like WTF!!!! how can they expect someone to go down w/o any idea of the price?? its like OMG......i cldn't believe my ears..hahahaha

  13. #53

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Agree with you. No matter how many good experience people have with a shop, all it take is 1 bad experience and the shop reputation will take a beating.
    true, but even the best and most praiseworthy sellers on eBay do not have a perfect 100% satisfaction record. no matter how many thousands of happy customers you have, all it takes is one small misunderstanding in a $1 transaction for your 100% record to be destroyed forever. thankfully however, because there are 9999 counts of positive feedback compared to 1 count of negative feedback, potential buyers are still able to have a fair appraisal of the seller.

    i have nothing against people airing their complaints, but those with good things to say should also be heard. most of the time, however, it is those with complaints that speak up the loudest. personally, i feel that that those with good things to say should also speak up so that a fairer perspective can be possible. this way, everyone benefits because the deserving shops will get more happy customers!

  14. #54

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Banned them forever, even if other ppl say otherwise...

    OMG! Such attitude!

    There is a word for such attitude.

    Irrational extremism.

  15. #55
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Banned them forever, even if other ppl say otherwise...

    Nowadays the customer service in Singapore really f*dup... Anyway they are not the only shop that sells the thing u want.



    Yes, you go go go some where else.

    anyway, any shop I walk into, if they have seem me for the past 20 years, or they know I'm a photographer, and they will hope to see me for another 20 years, nothing beats a repeat customers.

    I also want to keep a good relationship with them, to make my shopping a pleasant one, and who knows when one day I may ask them for favor in case of emergency.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfoot17
    I went to Lord's with the intention of buying...
    Sorry for the long winded story. But I just wana cautioned potential CSbers so that they will not be treated like crap.
    "Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's"

    That is exactly the name given to this thread and what do you folks think
    of the thread starter? It says something about him though, isn't it?
    "horrible"; "unprofessional"; "totaly disgusted" and so on... these words are very damaging. What do you think of people using such damaging words on a real commercial enterprise whom some folks here do frequently visit?

    I am sure there are other ways to solve the problem or to give warning of this shop behavior.

    The is a fine example where the fundamental of prosperity is lacking, resulting in unhappy customers going online. But if the young photographer himself has the foundation of intelligent manner, he won't have to struggle burning all his energy to promote the "right" behavior.

    --------------------------------------
    The first step is to give more thought
    and attention to people, develop relations
    or give them something not so much like
    social pressures for them to change.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    It is ALWAYS worthy to listen to both sides of the story, good and bad.

    But faced with a 100:1 situation, I will chose the 100, because the chance of getting a good service is 100 times more than a bad service.

    The scenario of an "offence" is totally inappropriate here. Bad service is not a criminal offence. Bad service is not punishable under the law.
    I know what u mean... But my mindset is such that I always think positively of any shop I go to , be it new or one that I'm already comfortable with. And I always carry that attitude when I talk to those people. It's when they give me rotten eggs back that I feel unhappy. U do that bcos I'm not your regular or bcos I'm new?! I just gotten one at Sim Lim recently. Luckily by and large it's not often I meet such jerks.

    I have a simple logic... U give me good service, answer and help me with my concerns, it may cost just a little more, I still buy from u. Why can't they get it?

    When I am going to buy something, I would like to hear of the bad experiences first, things that people hardly talk about. Good service is not a privilege as some think. It's basic business ethics.

    Hmm, dunno if I can give an analogy...it's like u meet someone really nice (to be your prospective partner), u know that person is nice cos everyone is also talking about him/her that way.... until someone raises his hand to point out he knows something bad about the person. Now, I dun want to hear all the good things about that person. I'm more concerned what exactly is the bad thing? I should be careful...

    My stand is still that... when shopping in Spore, never assume anything, no matter how good people say. There are nice people out there, but bad things do happen. Stay positive but at the same time, note that there are still poor service sometimes and a minority (I hope) are out there to cheat u. It's the culture here. Competitive living may be one reason.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by forward
    "Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's"

    That is exactly the name given to this thread and what do you folks think
    of the thread starter? It says something about him though, isn't it?
    "horrible"; "unprofessional"; "totaly disgusted" and so on... these words are very damaging. What do you think of people using such damaging words on a real commercial enterprise whom some folks here do frequently visit?

    I am sure there are other ways to solve the problem or to give warning of this shop behavior.

    The is a fine example where the fundamental of prosperity is lacking, resulting in unhappy customers going online. But if the young photographer himself has the foundation of intelligent manner, he won't have to struggle burning all his energy to promote the "right" behavior.
    He's just fed up I think??? It's definitely virtuous to return good for the evil one has experienced... To say to oneself... Let it go.. That was a bad experience... But we are all humans, we can feel anger, we hate being cheated, and when one is angry, u just want to let it out... Some can have a higher tolerance, others don't. Moreover in a Forum like this, it's easy to vent one's frustrations with words that are strong.

    Let us all learn from this experience... and many others. Just be careful with the shops.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by timlim
    i have nothing against people airing their complaints, but those with good things to say should also be heard. most of the time, however, it is those with complaints that speak up the loudest. personally, i feel that that those with good things to say should also speak up so that a fairer perspective can be possible. this way, everyone benefits because the deserving shops will get more happy customers!
    Yah some just like to complain and complain. I dunno the threadstarter and I hardly go to that shop in question... But dun think he's making a mountain out of a molehill. If I were him, I'd feel like a fool man. The boss asking another staff to serve me bcos a higher price had been quoted earlier?! And also the bochap attitude shown by the first staff.

    I have nothing personal against the shop but this experience serves as yet another lesson that it could happen to anyone at any other shop.

    Just curious, if this had happened to anyone of u (imagine u are new and not some old bird to the shop), how would u feel?

  20. #60

    Default Re: Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Yah some just like to complain and complain. I dunno the threadstarter and I hardly go to that shop in question... But dun think he's making a mountain out of a molehill. If I were him, I'd feel like a fool man. The boss asking another staff to serve me bcos a higher price had been quoted earlier?! And also the bochap attitude shown by the first staff.

    I have nothing personal against the shop but this experience serves as yet another lesson that it could happen to anyone at any other shop.

    Just curious, if this had happened to anyone of u (imagine u are new and not some old bird to the shop), how would u feel?
    about the boss referring back to original staff...frankly i dont see much wrong in that since it will maintain level of pricing consistency within the shop. imagine if boss quote one price and staff quote another, some folks will then complain about inconsistent pricing. i recall someone grumbled about cathay doing this before. can't please everyone.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •