Thread: Food First

Default Food First

feel free to comment. Thanks

Default Re: Food First

woohoooo.................

Hmm the high saturation does make it appealing but the jpg compression gave it some artifacts around the beak. Its a nciely timed shot and even though the strong contrast may look visaully appealing i do feel its jsut a little TOO strong
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    Its a nciely timed shot and even though the strong contrast may look visaully appealing i do feel its jsut a little TOO strong
    I disagree. I think the contrast and the saturation are MUCH, MUCH too strong .

I reduced the compression and saturation. Looks better? Thanks
    Last edited by satya; 12th January 2006 at 09:09 PM.

The reduced saturaion does help bring out mroe details esp on the birds beak and under the neck area

Quote Originally Posted by satya

I reduced the compression and saturation. Looks better? Thanks
    I think it's still on the very contrasty and colourful side. To be honest, I don't see that much of a difference on my monitor. Concerning contrast, the structure of the rock the bird is sitting on is largely burnt out, and the body is for the most part pitch black or bright white.

I'm wondering what the picture looked like "straight from the camera".

The original file in backup somewhere.. however i have another image.. camera settings all the same..location and bird same.. this is probably what you are looking for.. straight from the camera. I personally like saturated colors. but still looking for mass appeal

Last edited by satya; 12th January 2006 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satya
    The original file in backup somewhere.. however i have another image.. camera settings all the same..location and bird same.. this is probably what you are looking for.. straight from the camera. I personally like saturated colors. but still looking for mass appeal
    This one looks much better to me indeed, and the colours are still vibrant. I can actually see that the bird has a blue iris and feathers. However, I'll be the first one to admit that my taste may be different from others.

Its hard to balance details and saturation. I guess in the end its up to what you wanted to convey at that point in time?

the high contrast and saturation was to amplify the subject "the beak and the nut". Also with the green background, the yellow/orange beak stands out. I think its just a different perspective. Like i said.. im trying to find out what "mass appeal" it has.
    Last edited by satya; 12th January 2006 at 11:14 PM.