Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help - FZ30, S9500 or S2

Default Re: Need Help - FZ30, S9500 or S2

Quote Originally Posted by Fumio
    Dun waste money! Go for the Nikon D50, bcos sooner or later u will upgrade your cam if you really like photography. But if you die die wants a prosumer, pls drop the Pana FZ30 and Canon S2 -> go for the S9500.

Ex-user of Canon S2
    May be I've not been long enough here, this is the first time I see ex-user of S2 asking others to go for something else.

I've seen many ex-users praising their S1 or S2 or FZ5 or FZ20 when they were still using it or when they were trying to sell it to upgradge to DSLR.

Frankly, I've never been impressed with the picture quality of the posted pictures taken by S1 or S2 or FZ5 or FZ20 although I've heard many praises from owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockunder
    May be I've not been long enough here, this is the first time I see ex-user of S2 asking others to go for something else.

I've seen many ex-users praising their S1 or S2 or FZ5 or FZ20 when they were still using it or when they were trying to sell it to upgradge to DSLR.

Frankly, I've never been impressed with the picture quality of the posted pictures taken by S1 or S2 or FZ5 or FZ20 although I've heard many praises from owners.
    Please dun be mistaken! Advising people to go for a better equipment does not mean that our ex-equipment is not good. Just wanna caution ppl to spend wisely. In fact the Canon S2IS are better in many aspects vs other brands except for noise at ISO400 and focusing speed(vs DSLR)

Just some images to share (taken by Canon S2):

Hope Skywolf makes a good decision.
    D200_AF-S 70-200 F2.8G VR_Tokina 12-24mm F4_TC-17E II

Dun waste money! Go for the Nikon D50, bcos sooner or later u will upgrade your cam if you really like photography. But if you die die wants a prosumer, pls drop the Pana FZ30 and Canon S2 -> go for the S9500.

Ex-user of Canon S2
    why drop the FZ30 and Canon S2? they are quite good cams too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein
    why drop the FZ30 and Canon S2? they are quite good cams too right?
    Force from the Dark side is too strong. tat's y!

Hope dun misunderstand. I do not mean that prosumer is no good. Just that from experience i find that a entry DSLR is also suitable for Newbie(like me!). And also the fact that if you buy the accessories for the prosumer cam it will go up to S$1000++ . My personal view.
    D200_AF-S 70-200 F2.8G VR_Tokina 12-24mm F4_TC-17E II

yes, but the cost of DSLR + accessories + lens = at least 2k
    tats a lot of difference

yes, but the cost of DSLR + accessories + lens = at least 2k
    tats a lot of difference
    Would be nearer to $3K if you want to cover the focal length range with at least reasonably ok lenses : wide, normal, macro and long zoom.

Please dun be mistaken! Advising people to go for a better equipment does not mean that our ex-equipment is not good. Just wanna caution ppl to spend wisely. In fact the Canon S2IS are better in many aspects vs other brands except for noise at ISO400 and focusing speed(vs DSLR)

Just some images to share (taken by Canon S2):
    Hope Skywolf makes a good decision.
    Your post reminds me of flowers and Sentosa. Here are some pictures taken by Nikon Coolpix 5700 :

Hibuscus

Sentosa Twin Towers at the Beach island

Sentosa clock tower at night

Thank you again, guys for your comments. Yap, I am not looking at dslr because of all the accessories. Futhermore, I am still new to this. If decision made, cannot regret liao, so hope I made a good choice - S9500. Will be going for it before chinese new year.

wooot! another S9500 user soon!
    ill most probably get it too, but not so soon....
    probably bout 2 months after CNY

S9500 is a pretty gd prosumer cam. Looks like a DSlr as well. tested it for a frd b4 and the pics turn out pretty nice too.

wooot! another S9500 user soon!
    ill most probably get it too, but not so soon....
    probably bout 2 months after CNY
    Yo, maybe we can get it together. Maybe can get cheaper also.

check ur pm mailbox skywolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12