Thread: Any professional counsellors here??

Default Any professional counsellors here??

I have a friend who wishes to find out more info about counselling, esp in the areas of job propects, nature of working, average salary, etc before embarking on a proper course.

Can any professional counsellors here kindly share their experiences and advice?

Dank u!

Default Re: Any professional counsellors here??

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I have a friend who wishes to find out more info about counselling, esp in the areas of job propects, nature of working, average salary, etc before embarking on a proper course.

Can any professional counsellors here kindly share their experiences and advice?

Dank u!
    That friend of yours should go online instead. Since he is asking you to help him on this task, he must have already know you could also at least give him some advice.

This make me think that the one who wants counselling is in fact you yourself, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by forward
    That friend of yours should go online instead. Since he is asking you to help him on this task, he must have already know you could also at least give him some advice.

This make me think that the one who wants counselling is in fact you yourself, is this true?
    Nice try... Haha.. Is this some mind reading or wat?!

There are some assumptions u have made here. Just bcos my friend approached me does not mean I am in a position to give her good advice.

No lah, if it's for me, i wud have said it myself. Nothing shy rite.... Online provides some info but not in detail and specific I suppose. CS's Kopitiam is for any kind of talk... Maybe there are some counsellors here

Btw, my friend is a "she"....

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Nice try... Haha.. Is this some mind reading or wat?!

There are some assumptions u have made here. Just bcos my friend approached me does not mean I am in a position to give her good advice.

No lah, if it's for me, i wud have said it myself. Nothing shy rite.... Online provides some info but not in detail and specific I suppose. CS's Kopitiam is for any kind of talk... Maybe there are some counsellors here

Btw, my friend is a "she"....
    Pm me if you are still looking for one. I know of a CS member who is a practising counsellor in Family Service Centre (Bedok).
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

er i dont think hes LOOking for a professional counsellor
    hes just asking about the job

I believe everybody has different needs and expectations. Different organisations pay differently and provide different job prospects also. Perhaps, if your friend wishes to earn big bucks with counselling, it is better for her to go into private practice with at least a Masters Degree or start a counselling school. Of course, that again depends on how good your friend is in doing business and less focus on counselling. If salary is not a motivation and just want to do counselling, she can do it any time and anywhere with proper qualifications and provided there are vacancies.