Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Is 3x zoom sufficient enough for taking any shots?

  1. #21

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax


    lynn got the 730?
    No, she's using the E10 which comes with 4x only, same as mine.
    I'm waiting for her to buy the 2 teleconverters which add up to near 600mm zoom, so that I can re...no...borrow from her.

    That 2 teleconverters combo is well known as "The Big Mama"!! A deadly weapon....

  2. #22

    Default

    Originally posted by beluga
    High zoom also comes with a price. You'll need a tripod.

    ok.. noted!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    actually the amount of zoom (10x,4x,5x etc) is not impt. Most impt is the focal length. Example Sigma has a lens 170-500mm...... it's only a 3x zoom but has a focal length of 500mm. And a the Tamron 28-300mm is a 10x zoom but has a max focal length of 300mm only.

  4. #24

    Default

    Originally posted by togu


    No, she's using the E10 which comes with 4x only, same as mine.
    I'm waiting for her to buy the 2 teleconverters which add up to near 600mm zoom, so that I can re...no...borrow from her.

    That 2 teleconverters combo is well known as "The Big Mama"!! A deadly weapon....


  5. #25

    Default

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    actually the amount of zoom (10x,4x,5x etc) is not impt. Most impt is the focal length. Example Sigma has a lens 170-500mm...... it's only a 3x zoom but has a focal length of 500mm. And a the Tamron 28-300mm is a 10x zoom but has a max focal length of 300mm only.
    does this mean that the sigma has a more powerful zoom than tamron? which implies that although it has a 3x zoom, it can zoom further than the 10x?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax


    does this mean that the sigma has a more powerful zoom than tamron? which implies that although it has a 3x zoom, it can zoom further than the 10x?
    Not a more powerful zoom i would say, but just a greater focal length. (someone plse correct me if i'm wrong).

  7. #27

    Default

    Originally posted by NitroTech


    Not a more powerful zoom i would say, but just a greater focal length. (someone plse correct me if i'm wrong).
    ok.. i'm blur liao...

    help!

  8. #28

    Default

    For digital cams, you don't have much choice on that actually. It's not like you get the body, and slowly choose a good lens. Unless you go for a DSLR.

  9. #29

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax
    ok.. i'm blur liao...
    help!
    dinomax! relax... calm down...

    don't be so confused... when it comes to consumer (or even prosumer) digicams, the multiplier numbers are enough (10x, 4x, 3x) to go on. the base number for a 1X are pretty much standard anyway (usually somewhere between 28mm to 38mm).

    focal lengths are more applicable for detachable lenses used in D/SLRs .

    togu: buy!!!!!

  10. #30

    Default

    For digicams, I'd get one with versatile high zoom lens that takes both decent wide-angle and telephoto shots, not just high focal length. Because you won't have an option to swap the lens.

    Don't think there is a perfect digicam. The UZ's are unbeatable in the zoom arena, and bright lens even at full zoom. Only primary complain I have is the shuttle lag and slow AF. Secondary complaints are CA (common in other digicams anyway), lack of hotshoe (can't expect too much from the price).

    I have a C-720UZ.

  11. #31

    Default

    Originally posted by Que Lynn


    dinomax! relax... calm down...

    don't be so confused... when it comes to consumer (or even prosumer) digicams, the multiplier numbers are enough (10x, 4x, 3x) to go on. the base number for a 1X are pretty much standard anyway (usually somewhere between 28mm to 38mm).

    focal lengths are more applicable for detachable lenses used in D/SLRs .

    togu: buy!!!!!

    ok.. taking a deep breath.... *hu* *xi*.....

    DSLR? no way for me... maybe in future when i'm really earning big bucks. ehehhe... maybe shld just settle for the 730. but not sure how bad is the CA thing.


  12. #32

    Default

    Originally posted by Acieed
    For digicams, I'd get one with versatile high zoom lens that takes both decent wide-angle and telephoto shots, not just high focal length. Because you won't have an option to swap the lens.

    Don't think there is a perfect digicam. The UZ's are unbeatable in the zoom arena, and bright lens even at full zoom. Only primary complain I have is the shuttle lag and slow AF. Secondary complaints are CA (common in other digicams anyway), lack of hotshoe (can't expect too much from the price).

    I have a C-720UZ.

    hows your 720 CA prob?

  13. #33

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax
    hows your 720 CA prob?
    Judge for yourself at my C-720UZ gallery. None of which are treated for CA. To me, it is of secondary concern, its there but its not so common in most of the shots I've taken so far.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UP NORTH
    Posts
    727

    Default

    if u got extra cash...get a higher optical zoom....

  15. #35

    Default

    Originally posted by Acieed

    Judge for yourself at my C-720UZ gallery. None of which are treated for CA. To me, it is of secondary concern, its there but its not so common in most of the shots I've taken so far.
    if u have night shots, that would be more better as i suppose CA exist most obvious at night with strong lights.

  16. #36

    Default

    Originally posted by Fundee
    if u got extra cash...get a higher optical zoom....
    meaning 730 loh...

  17. #37

    Default

    The C730uz should be good for your budget.

    Forget abt 3x optical zoom cams. You will get frustrated by the short optical zoom.
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

  18. #38

    Default

    Originally posted by tweakmax
    The C730uz should be good for your budget.

    Forget abt 3x optical zoom cams. You will get frustrated by the short optical zoom.
    sure, thanks! u got your 730 also rite? how is it? any CA prob?

  19. #39

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax


    sure, thanks! u got your 730 also rite? how is it? any CA prob?
    Nope...dun have 730...mine is the 2100uz (10x Zoom with IS)

    Previously owned a Canon G2. Sold it coz the 3x zoom was frustrating.
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

  20. #40

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax
    if u have night shots, that would be more better as i suppose CA exist most obvious at night with strong lights.
    So far, the pictures I get with CA are mostly shot in the day with strong sunlight in the back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •