Thread: Which Paper do you use/recommend?

Default Which Paper do you use/recommend?

I'm sure this has been discussed previously, but....

So what paper do you all use and in what situation?

Default Re: Which Paper do you use/recommend?

I use Epson Economy photo paper, bought from challlenger at $10.50, cause I am using Epson R210, and I mostly print A4. For 4R, I would send to my regular lab in Yishun.

Forgot to add that I will be using the Epson R2400 (bought today)...

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    Forgot to add that I will be using the Epson R2400 (bought today)...
    Hmmm, it really depends. Firstly, you might get more response if you post this in the printer sub-forum.

Ilford Gallerie Smooth series is a very good series of papers, especially the Pearl and Glossy. Epson's matte paper are very good as well. For those special prints, the sky is the limit as there are many profiles available for Epson printers. Some good special papers include those from Hahnemuhle, Arches, Crane, Moab.
    Last edited by Watcher; 12th January 2006 at 12:25 AM.

Ilford papers are great...I like the texture of their Pearl paper... but make sure it is the Smooth range and not the Classic papers cause they cannot take pigment ink as used by the 2400. Epson's Premium papers are great too and I think they have a longer lifespan than Ilfords.

one thing to remember with the 2400 and those Epson printers of this series (and I think also their previous pro level printers) is that if you change between matt and gloss printers you should also change the black ink from the matt black to photo black...which of course means some ink going down the sink...