Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: sea gull camera ?

  1. #1

    Default sea gull camera ?

    got heard b4 ?

  2. #2

    Talking Re: sea gull camera ?

    yeah
    the peninsular plaza camera shops got one he offered cheap.
    the one right in front of the lift lobby.
    dont know about their models though.
    think saw seagull medium format before. =)

  3. #3

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    really? ic ic

    my mum just brought out 1 seagull 35mm , sunpak flash , velbon tripod. suppose to be as OLD as me .. from her OLD drawer

    dono can use or not .. 50mm 2.8 lolz
    is my dad stuff

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Yup, my dad got one. Like it cause it is square print, and the view finder is different, although it can only print in B&W, with 12 shots per roll. Remind to ask my dad for it when I go home this Sunday...

  5. #5

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    It's a Chinese companies which seems to have zero research capability. http://www.camerachina.com/
    It looks like a joint venture thingy when foreigners gave them a 100 year old produciton line and never think of researching anything of their own. It's a shame to Chinese R&D.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    It's a Chinese companies which seems to have zero research capability. http://www.camerachina.com/
    It looks like a joint venture thingy when foreigners gave them a 100 year old produciton line and never think of researching anything of their own. It's a shame to Chinese R&D.
    are u kidding on this research thing?







    Seagull has been around for quite some time and they offer cheaper solutions mainly for the budget conscious who might want to try medium format or 35mm format.

    Seagull has some pretty good and cheap 6X6 medium format TLR cameras. it does produce 35mm SLRs too, but i don't think its that popular in S'pore. if i'm not wrong, there's a Seagull fan club in S'pore. they organise shooting trips occasionally with their Seagull TLRs.

    if u're keen to try medium format, u might want to consider a cheap TLR from Seagull. normally costs around S$200++ used, i believe.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #7

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    i think my sea gull cant work .. maybe i would like to repair it
    so can hv some fun with film .. will try to post a pic of the square machine

  8. #8

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    are u kidding on this research thing?

    Seagull has been around for quite some time and they offer cheaper solutions mainly for the budget conscious who might want to try medium format or 35mm format.

    Seagull has some pretty good and cheap 6X6 medium format TLR cameras. it does produce 35mm SLRs too, but i don't think its that popular in S'pore. if i'm not wrong, there's a Seagull fan club in S'pore. they organise shooting trips occasionally with their Seagull TLRs.

    if u're keen to try medium format, u might want to consider a cheap TLR from Seagull. normally costs around S$200++ used, i believe.
    I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. Non-camera
    companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.

  9. #9

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. Non-camera
    companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
    not sure about digital but their TLRs are pretty cheap if used and can be used to get decent pictures.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. Non-camera
    companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
    haha!
    SeaGull does not even specialise in Digital Cameras. besides...
    its not the megapixel that matters... its the quality of the pixels.

    Seagull is more for people who are interested in cheap and affordable TLRs and 35mm SLRs.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. Non-camera
    companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
    Well, not everyone need to go into Digital format, not every company need to advance to the digital format level. They still produce good TLR cameras. B&W is good. Cameras are not only defined as Digital formats only. There are SLR, medium formats, large formats, etc...

  12. #12

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    The 35mm Seagull camera is based on Minolta Rokkor lens mount ...... if you change the lenses to Rokkor lenses you have a terrific camera ...... What's wrong with your Seagull Camera? Maybe it is not spoild at all, pure manual camera does not spoil this easily.

  13. #13
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    It's a Chinese companies which seems to have zero research capability. http://www.camerachina.com/
    It looks like a joint venture thingy when foreigners gave them a 100 year old produciton line and never think of researching anything of their own. It's a shame to Chinese R&D.
    ah... the voice of the digital generation. u really really have no idea wat a seagull camera can do, nor have seen and handle one b4? i used to have a Seagull TLR 6x6 MF camera. this is a scanned BnW image from the negative. btw, its done at the lowest resolution 8bit scanning at the shop becos i just want to archive the image. it has been resized by photobucket.



    if u are seeing the original scanned image, at 100% crop, u can read the ocbc sign. IMO, not bad for a '100 yr old production line and never think of researching anything of their own' brand....

    btw, the seagulls, IIRC, are copies of the original rolleicords. if u dunno wat are those, google.

    btw, seagull's parent company are famous for making high-precision optical equipment. i know cos my dad worked in HK/China for some time, and believe it or not, its actually a little more expensive to buy the seagull TLRs in china than singapore when i asked him to buy it for me there. the locals can't afford it on their pay.

    'lousy' cameras? i dun think so...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  14. #14

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    ah... the voice of the digital generation. u really really have no idea wat a seagull camera can do, nor have seen and handle one b4? i used to have a Seagull TLR 6x6 MF camera. this is a scanned BnW image from the negative. btw, its done at the lowest resolution 8bit scanning at the shop becos i just want to archive the image. it has been resized by photobucket.



    if u are seeing the original scanned image, at 100% crop, u can read the ocbc sign. IMO, not bad for a '100 yr old production line and never think of researching anything of their own' brand....

    btw, the seagulls, IIRC, are copies of the original rolleicords. if u dunno wat are those, google.

    btw, seagull's parent company are famous for making high-precision optical equipment. i know cos my dad worked in HK/China for some time, and believe it or not, its actually a little more expensive to buy the seagull TLRs in china than singapore when i asked him to buy it for me there. the locals can't afford it on their pay.

    'lousy' cameras? i dun think so...
    my shifu I still haven had time to utilize my dad's rolliflex ~

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    If anybody owns a Seagull n finds it lousy, dun put it aside or throw it. Give it to me.. I'll b glad...

  16. #16

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    Cool, it seems to have no distortion in the lines even on edges, looks more straighter than my
    28-135mm. Not bad.

    Enjoy your rolliflex also rebbot.

  17. #17
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    I also have a seagull TLR, a cheap alternative for 120 manual camera.

  18. #18

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?



    Nice shot you got there.

  19. #19

    Default Re: sea gull camera ?

    so i wana fixed my seagull .. where can i go to?>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •