Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Playstation Two Queries !

  1. #1

    Default Playstation Two Queries !

    Hie Guys, got a couple of PS2 queries because I'm thinking about purchasing one.

    1) Where is a good place to buy special sets that can play just about every game on the market, including those genuine replica ones.

    2) I'm thinking of using the PS2 as a DVD player as well, how is the video quality and is it a good idea to use it as a DVD player ? I dont watch often, maybe once a week max.

    3) Whats a good price to pay for a new moded set ? and also, for a new non mod set ?

    Anyway, if anyone has one for sale, please give me a buzz at 98553899 or marcwangheng@gmail.com . I wanna buy one within the next 2 days.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hie Guys, got a couple of PS2 queries because I'm thinking about purchasing one.

    1) Where is a good place to buy special sets that can play just about every game on the market, including those genuine replica ones.

    2) I'm thinking of using the PS2 as a DVD player as well, how is the video quality and is it a good idea to use it as a DVD player ? I dont watch often, maybe once a week max.

    3) Whats a good price to pay for a new moded set ? and also, for a new non mod set ?

    Anyway, if anyone has one for sale, please give me a buzz at 98553899 or marcwangheng@gmail.com . I wanna buy one within the next 2 days.
    Go get it in Malaysia. You can find some moded sets in Singapore but relatively speaking, it's more ex than Malaysia. Plus Malaysia has all the games you will be looking for as well.

    They can mod to your specs that you want too. DVD is DVD. It's quite good quality as it has
    all the function as any DVD player. Malaysia is selling about MYR900 for mod sets with 20 games free of your choice, 2 controllers, 2 x 8MB memory cards.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Jurong East
    Posts
    1,758
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    the DVD player in PS2 is suck, some of the DVD cannot play. it show tv system not match.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Go get it in Malaysia. You can find some moded sets in Singapore but relatively speaking, it's more ex than Malaysia. Plus Malaysia has all the games you will be looking for as well.

    They can mod to your specs that you want too. DVD is DVD. It's quite good quality as it has
    all the function as any DVD player. Malaysia is selling about MYR900 for mod sets with 20 games free of your choice, 2 controllers, 2 x 8MB memory cards.
    just curious, we do not need to pay tax if we get it from malaysia say..places like JB?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy
    the DVD player in PS2 is suck, some of the DVD cannot play. it show tv system not match.
    Well so far my Made in Japan PS2 and moded as well has no problem playing any DVD for all region. Your TV system can be change right unless is not a Multisystem.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher
    just curious, we do not need to pay tax if we get it from malaysia say..places like JB?
    We do not get tax maybe only GST if the custom wants to make life difficult for you but you can ask the seller to write a receipt less than SGD400 lor. The only problem is not to bring in any pirated software as the customs will confiscate it. So beware........

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Jurong East
    Posts
    1,758
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Well so far my Made in Japan PS2 and moded as well has no problem playing any DVD for all region. Your TV system can be change right unless is not a Multisystem.
    its not because of my tv system, maybe its because of my PS2 very old liau....

    i got it $800 last time

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy
    its not because of my tv system, maybe its because of my PS2 very old liau....

    i got it $800 last time
    I got mine with 1 game, 1 mem card + first gen mod @ $750... I still need to load my GS to swap discs...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Maybe I should wait for the launch of PS3 b4 I buy a PS2. $750 is really steep man. I just wanna play Gran Tourismo4.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Maybe I should wait for the launch of PS3 b4 I buy a PS2. $750 is really steep man. I just wanna play Gran Tourismo4.
    MYR 900 lei.....not SGD 900.....

    Now PS2 is selling without mod for abour only SGD$320 original set from Sony Centre

    PS3 has projected to be selling about USD$800-1000 but comes in BlueRay Disc

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Jurong East
    Posts
    1,758
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Maybe I should wait for the launch of PS3 b4 I buy a PS2. $750 is really steep man. I just wanna play Gran Tourismo4.
    the $750 is when we bought our at 4 years back....

    i also like to play GT4.... remember to buy the logicoll sterring whell

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy
    the $750 is when we bought our at 4 years back....

    i also like to play GT4.... remember to buy the logicoll sterring whell
    Yeah I bought my PS2 set 4 years back for $850 but it was worth it as it's Japanese set, second batch run. Bigger heatsink and heavier set which has better electronics items.

    Even the mod person from JB ask me where I got my set.....and he actually offered my to buy my set up! So funny......

  13. #13

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Hmm, I understand JB is cheap, but I dont think I will be going there anytime soon. Anywhere else in Singapore you guys recommend to buy these specced up versions ?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    i bought one to play FF some yrs ago ...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    got mine 4 yrs plus, but can't remember how much. Maybe wait for the PS3 to come out, PS2 price sure drop.

    GT4 and Burnout3 rocks!!!
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hmm, I understand JB is cheap, but I dont think I will be going there anytime soon. Anywhere else in Singapore you guys recommend to buy these specced up versions ?
    Eh JB is just across the Causeway.......

  17. #17

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    how much is PS2 now?
    Objection !!!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    589

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    got mine 4 yrs plus, but can't remember how much. Maybe wait for the PS3 to come out, PS2 price sure drop.

    GT4 and Burnout3 rocks!!!
    totally agree with you. GT4 and burnout rocks....
    PS2 here is about 300 to 350 sing if i remember correctly (slim version) but just bare min. I was asking about 2nd set so didn't needed games/controllers.
    Hoping to buy ps3 but i think better wait a bit or else kenna chop.
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I got mine with 1 game, 1 mem card + first gen mod @ $750... I still need to load my GS to swap discs...
    Me too, man! My PS2 is a dinosaur liao

  20. #20
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Playstation Two Queries !

    Now modding is illegal liao...and I can't play my pirated games which were bought before the law was implemented...
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •