Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel Imac out!

Default Re: Intel Imac out!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Aiyo...brudder hehehhehe why you keep beating down this new MacBook Pro leh? This is Steve Job's MAC leh not XP..wars over liaon..how come Jobs change to Intel and all of a sudden Macs with Intel is either too expensive or will not last? heheh...

The fact I think it is expensive is as it claimed compared to present MACs.....again by your Steve Job.. it is FASTER by 4 Times. You calling Steve Jobs a liar har? OR Jobs has sold out and walked into the dark side? heheheheh Aiya...with anything FASTER and SUPER NEW...it is EXPENSIVE. Beside...when has Mac ever been cheap! heheh

I am sure they will come out with a cheaper one soon but now they are hitting the opportunities while the hammer is hot to make a marketing statment and pull some numbers out of this initial launch and then plan their next step.

If anything...everyone should hold back till the experts take it out for a trial ride and push out some hardware numbers to see how well it will perform in the real world. Wait for the reviews from all the experts. Forget the hype for now......
    I dun think I mentioned anything abt beating down the MacPro. Neither did I say anything abt it being expensive. In fact I think half of the ppl whom I know wanted to switch said things like, "Hopefully prices will go down and things like dat." Unfortunately this is not coming true with the presence of Rosetta.

I'm not doubting the speed and power of a Dual-Core processor. Its definitely great for my home use, research and server development end. Nowhere did I say dat Steve Jobs is a liar in the first place. I'm just doubting if I can ever get my processor at FULL POWER with PowerPC-compiled codes. As of now, except OSX and its basic softwares, I dun think there's a company that has a full version, commercial release software with code optimised for the new IntelMac.

Peace out.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Ya if you really are looking for SUPER performance, then ALIENWARE might have what you want. To me all the bumps and knocks on my beat up iBook is still alive and kicking.

The MacBook Pro will lighten my weight by around 200gm and screen wider by 1.4 inches. Laptops are meant for moving around. If you really afraid of the knocks and bump, then don't buy one lor....
    Did I say anything abt running super performance?

Photoshop CS2 monster app? Hmm...

Gaffering iBook is a good idea. Think I shld do it as well. Otherwise hammerhead sharks will have it for dinner next.
    Last edited by jsbn; 12th January 2006 at 12:32 AM.

i wonder if the rosetta technology will have any reliability problems. dont flame me, I was just wondering. Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatfish
    i wonder if the rosetta technology will have any reliability problems. dont flame me, I was just wondering. Any opinions?
    It would be interesting. No one has seen it in the open; those who have are under very strict NDAs. We will have to wait and see.

Whilst I dun think it'll have any reliability problems (we're talking abt big major apps. Any reliability problem in Rosetta will kill Apple outright), I'm waiting for apps to be released made for IntelMac.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese
    intel chip is only part of the equation, running existing mac applications via rosetta will not meet its full potential
    Yup....well It would be interesting to see the development to come in the next few months. There are alot of stuff flying around right now about what will go into the hardware and software to support this new "platform" heh. It is a good thing.....put a bit of steam under Bill Gate's Chair man!.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I dun think I mentioned anything abt beating down the MacPro. Neither did I say anything abt it being expensive. In fact I think half of the ppl whom I know wanted to switch said things like, "Hopefully prices will go down and things like dat." Unfortunately this is not coming true with the presence of Rosetta.

I'm not doubting the speed and power of a Dual-Core processor. Its definitely great for my home use, research and server development end. Nowhere did I say dat Steve Jobs is a liar in the first place. I'm just doubting if I can ever get my processor at FULL POWER with PowerPC-compiled codes. As of now, except OSX and its basic softwares, I dun think there's a company that has a full version, commercial release software with code optimised for the new IntelMac.

Peace out.
    I am just ribbing you abit lah.....I know what you mean hehe.....

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    I am just ribbing you abit lah.....I know what you mean hehe.....
    hehehe... I know lah... But that's just to kill any potential switcher's dream of "Prices will go down, cos change processor."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    hehehe... I know lah... But that's just to kill any potential switcher's dream of "Prices will go down, cos change processor."
    Dream Killer....

Think of it as a "smack to reality".

I had given up several years ago waiting for macs to crash prices. Now I just get whatever I need. My server just died on me. Need a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12