Thread: ACDSee Pro

Default ACDSee Pro

ACDC has just launched ACDSee Pro this month.

From their website, the Pro is quite attractive as now it supports the raw files of the latest cameras and it is possible to adjust the exposure, white balance, contrast, highlight/shadow of the raw files natively.

Has anyone tried out the trial version? Is it worth to upgrade my ver 8 to this Pro version?

Default Re: ACDSee Pro

are u talking about the c1pro anot..... i tink alot of people are already using it...

cheers..

I long time user of ACDSee but ACDSee Pro does not work with Nikon D200 Raw files.
    Once they make it work I will upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff
    ACDC has just launched ACDSee Pro this month.

From their website, the Pro is quite attractive as now it supports the raw files of the latest cameras and it is possible to adjust the exposure, white balance, contrast, highlight/shadow of the raw files natively.

Has anyone tried out the trial version? Is it worth to upgrade my ver 8 to this Pro version?

I stopped at ACDSee ver7, the RAW color sucks. So I used back ACDSee ver6 ..

Not very sure want to urgrade anot ... is it worth ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    are u talking about the c1pro anot..... i tink alot of people are already using it...

cheers..
    ACDSee is another software. It is very good for categorising and viewing photos. Their website is www.acdsee.com

As ver 8 does not support Nikon D70s raw, now I have to use Nikon Capture to convert the raw files to jpeg. The conversion is really slow.

If the colour of the pro version for nikon raw files is not bad, then I don't have to do the conversion and everything can be stored in raw in my PC (probably with the exception of those photos that I want to use photoshop to touch up).

Cheers

I use ACDSee with NC as there are things inside NC that ACDSee does not have.
    Still using Ver 7 as Ver 8 does not give any improvement till ACDSee Pro but got to wait till they upgraded it to support D200 Raw. I had already sent them a note on it.

I am trying out the ACDSee Pro.

It seems that I can make different exposure adjustments for a nikon raw file in Nikon Capture and ACDSee Pro and the two programs will ignore whatever the other has done.

I have sent in an enquiry and awaiting their reply.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff
    I am trying out the ACDSee Pro.

It seems that I can make different exposure adjustments for a nikon raw file in Nikon Capture and ACDSee Pro and the two programs will ignore whatever the other has done.

I have sent in an enquiry and awaiting their reply.

Cheers
    acdsee has been a very useful software for me.. how much does it cost for this new version?

I am interested in ver8, too bad it does not seem to support Mac OS.

The latest Pro version is US$130. Upgrade from ver 8 is US$40.

You can find the other pricings, eg upgrade from ver 7 or below, in www.acdsee.com

I have tried out further. The conversion to jpeg and raw editing is still not comparable to Nikon Capture. So I will continue to use ACDSee as a viewing and sorting software. Conversion and editing will still be done using Nikon Capture and Photoshop.

It is good enough for me as now I have one user friendly software to sort and view both D70s raw and jpeg files and there is no need to convert every raw file to jpeg file.

Cheers

Got reply from them asking for D200 raw files for testing. Will be sending them soon.