Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

  1. #1

    Default 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Hi Guys,

    I wanted to buy a 50mm lens but i dun know which one is good? I'm using a Canon 350D. Any recommandation? Is SIGMA good? mY Budget is about SG$200.00.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    EF 50mm f/1.8 II is this lens from canon good?

  3. #3

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Yeah it's good and it's within your budget.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    haha ok... Do you own this lens? any comment on this len in term of sharpness, etc...

  5. #5
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by bcad84
    haha ok... Do you own this lens? any comment on this len in term of sharpness, etc...
    someone did a posting on the 50/1.8 with test pics in canon sub-forum.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  6. #6

    Cool Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Hi I would second the 50mm 1.8 II. Its a great prime lens to start with. Very good training I would say because you are without the luxury of zooming so basically it trains your composition. I always have it on as my main lens. my 2 cents. Cheers
    LensView::Say Fromage Productions
    EOS 1DS::EOS 1D MKII::EOS 7D

  7. #7

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    someone did a posting on the 50/1.8 with test pics in canon sub-forum.

    oh ok thanks... i will go take a look...

  8. #8

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by LensView
    Hi I would second the 50mm 1.8 II. Its a great prime lens to start with. Very good training I would say because you are without the luxury of zooming so basically it trains your composition. I always have it on as my main lens. my 2 cents. Cheers

    Wah thanks... I'm thinking of having that as my prime lens too hehe...

  9. #9
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by bcad84
    Wah thanks... I'm thinking of having that as my prime lens too hehe...
    it's a lens most people have cause it's just so useful under low light situations and not to mention the low cost.


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Pardon me..but how come your topic and disucssions are different?
    Go for the EF 50mmf1.8...great lens.

  11. #11

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Pardon me..but how come your topic and disucssions are different?
    Go for the EF 50mmf1.8...great lens.
    Oh cause initially i was thinkin of SIGMA 18-50mm F2.8 lens hehe...

    I think i will get this lens soon hehe... anyone knows where to get the cheeapest price for this len?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    So far..the lowest price I came across for this lens was $670

  13. #13

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by bcad84
    Oh cause initially i was thinkin of SIGMA 18-50mm F2.8 lens hehe...

    I think i will get this lens soon hehe... anyone knows where to get the cheeapest price for this len?
    Go to my uncle's shop at next to MS Cxlxr. Tell him what you want and the price you want to pay. He will go to the shop next door and take one for you.

    He's so forgetful so he may just bring you a 1DM2n and charge you $20.

    Or he could come out with Holga 120 and charge you $6666.

  14. #14

    Default Re: 18-50mm F2.8 Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere
    Go to my uncle's shop at next to MS Cxlxr. Tell him what you want and the price you want to pay. He will go to the shop next door and take one for you.

    He's so forgetful so he may just bring you a 1DM2n and charge you $20.

    Or he could come out with Holga 120 and charge you $6666.

    Wah haha... like that have to see u lucky or not... like playing 4D haha...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •