Hi Tom I"ve a guidebook to whole of thailand, you want can lend you!
I thought you going hongkong?
chiangmai is just another city but surrounded by mountains.
and chiangrai is just another "city" too. I believe it gets more interesting if you drive out of cities
in general, north thailand have got the
- highest mountain in thailand,
- largest cave in SEA
- famous for misty mountains, valley, waterfalls, caves;
- many colourful hilltribes
- fastantic twisty roads & trails for biking & 4WD
- opportunities to cross border to laos, burma
- golden triangle & opium fields
- elephant trekking
- river rafting
- hot pools
- beautiful flowers when in season
- many national parks got plenty of bird photography opportunities
in short, for the more adventurous who don't mind taking risk & okay without the modern comforts (if not available)
as for final verdict, you need to wait for me to come up after my trip And I won't be able to cover all the above.
Originally posted by tomshen
hoppinghippo, thx for your kindness, I wanna know some personal opinion. Book I can borrow from library.
zOOm: great info. My HK plan is cancelled. When will be your trip to Thailand? Wish u go back soon
thai girl shows
wat long kun at chiang rai.
went there 4 days ago.
how ever 10% uncomplete.
drop by if you wish