Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Default Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    was it the same girl?...

anyway i think they learnt from nikon lah... just that they forget to provide a shooting area for them only...
    how i know? i don't shoot events for fun one leh

so next time they should provide photog's area ... maybe divide into sitting, squarting, kneeling, standing and finally 'on the ladder' areas, like that everyone gets to see, so good

oi, so what new toy did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    how i know? i don't shoot events for fun one leh

so next time they should provide photog's area ... maybe divide into sitting, squarting, kneeling, standing and finally 'on the ladder' areas, like that everyone gets to see, so good

oi, so what new toy did you get?
    i din buy any new toy lah... just that i never tried my lenses on those free models before... so bring all down test 1 by 1... this is even better than TFCD... and all we know... no need to bother about dress... and no need to even think about MUA... those guys are
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    singapore should ban photography in shopping malls,if they want to shoot,obtain a pass with a agreement stating they would not block the view of the crowds.
    i think forwarding these to the respective malls is

then like that we shd banned you from posting .. like that beacause of you .. all of us cannot shoot ..

hmm...i seriously think this email shd be directed to those so-called "professional" photographers, who are usually armed wif big guns and the most notorious ladders, who will be attending future events like concerts/performance, autograph sessions..

no doubt these ppl here can produce super good and clear pics for us to wow, but only at the expense of other live spectators... i still remember back at Rainie's Autograph session, i almost gave up shootg anythg on stage (even wif my hands raised to the max!! ) when the "wall" went up rite smack in the middle even b4 the artist appearred on stage!! luckily, there were sm reali angry ah bengs behind them shoutg threatening remarks, only then, they "compromised" to come down... haiz...muz ppl resort to this before these so-called "professionals" learn the way of being considerate??

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwindsg
    hmm...i seriously think this email shd be directed to those so-called "professional" photographers, who are usually armed wif big guns and the most notorious ladders, who will be attending future events like concerts/performance, autograph sessions..

no doubt these ppl here can produce super good and clear pics for us to wow, but only at the expense of other live spectators... i still remember back at Rainie's Autograph session, i almost gave up shootg anythg on stage (even wif my hands raised to the max!! ) when the "wall" went up rite smack in the middle even b4 the artist appearred on stage!! luckily, there were sm reali angry ah bengs behind them shoutg threatening remarks, only then, they "compromised" to come down... haiz...muz ppl resort to this before these so-called "professionals" learn the way of being considerate??

I like the way you use the word "wall". WHen i was there earlier on, just a couple of minutes before the performance start when they were introducing Chinese Brush Painting, a "wall" also suddenly errected infront of me.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Actually using ladder or even tripod in a crowded place is hazardous. Public might be tripped by the ladder or tripod when moving around. Photographer using this 2 gear might want to take note.. Me included(tripod that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwindsg

What "professional" photographers? I see a whole bunch of cameramen in the pics. I am one also, my pics suck, big equipment does not define their level.

personally felt the whole thing/affair on the ladder thingy is getting out of hand..for the unaware..it seem that whoever wield the ladder is the 'pai lan/baddies'...and those without and the spectators are the victims.....
    banning the use of it will not solve the problem either [siao on photographers] as always lines and rows will be formed up regardless of the use of the ladders or not
    Last edited by eow; 9th January 2006 at 01:05 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

<<< Up for LAdder GANG >> >

more ladder .. Higher ladder .. UP UP UP !!!

Smile Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

sorry, why are they a/are 'pai lan/baddies'?

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    personally felt the whole thing/affair on the ladder thingy is getting out of hand..for the unaware..it seem that whoever wield the ladder is the 'pai lan/baddies'...and those without and the spectators are the victims.....

actually the truth is... the event was meant for the audience, not for photographers. In this picture... i dun think those photographers even care if the musician is playing or not. they are just there to wave their lenses, click their shutters... den preview on their LCD to get their photographic satisfaction... at the expense of the ppl behind them.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Deregistered

maybe they should have a ladder match just like WWE.

give them NWO!!!

i believe, that such events are for public, cameras and lenses wielding public included. especially when the organiser sees no need to stop them.

actually the truth is... the event was meant for the audience, not for photographers. In this picture... i dun think those photographers even care if the musician is playing or not. they are just there to wave their lenses, click their shutters... den preview on their LCD to get their photographic satisfaction... at the expense of the ppl behind them.

banning the use of it will not solve the problem either [siao on photographers] as always lines and rows will be formed up regardless of the use of the ladders or not
    sorry and sad to read on the thread here that the old lady is being ignored by the inconsiderate photogs..
    Last edited by eow; 9th January 2006 at 01:16 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i believe, that such events are for public, cameras and lenses wielding public included. especially when the organiser sees no need to stop them.
    ya... too bad they dun have any EQ... the least they could do is dun use a chair or ladder...

It is just in this case the usage is a nuisance to the people around them. If they had gonne further back to allow more people to see then this prob wouldnt be here.

again, why not use a chair or (short) ladder?

ya... too bad they dun have any EQ... the least they could do is dun use a chair or ladder...

forming a group in front is bad enuff... but at least still viewable by taller ppl at the back, but putting up ladders, its like fortifying territory... total blockage to the ppl behind... organisers should step in & tell the front row ppl to lower themselves... same like those fans event... front row normally will sit down, if they get high, they stand, they dun take a ladder to stand up & block the fans behind them rite... *ok those cardboards are guilty as well... *

photogs r audience too... they just appreciate it in a diff manner...

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    again, why not use a chair or (short) ladder?
    hmm u are strange... then maybe i ask u... y should they use a chair or ladder when they are in the front row? if they wanted eye level, i suggest them to get contacts of the perfomer, and get a model shoot with her at a designated studio.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast